Thread: Can anyone help me fix my shearling jacket

Default Can anyone help me fix my shearling jacket

Hi,

I have recently bought this used shearling jacket and it had some discolorations and apparent crusting of the skin, so I have been using some leather polishes to hide it, but can anyone suggest how to properly fix it?

Ps I'm based in Finland
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The discoloration is due to the sun fading of the aniline dyestuff and can be redyed with the Aniline-76 system.

Crusting or skin abrasion is smooth with Adhesor-73 and flaps that stick out will need to be bonded with Bond-3D. Before smoothing and repairing the skin for smoothness, it is recommended that the skin is fatliquor reconditioned to prevent further crusting which is an early sign of the beginning of surface dry rotting. Fatliquor (fat and oil) is the lifeblood of shearling and will need periodic replenishment to keep the skin strong from abrasion and tearing at the shoulder/sleeves.

Leather polishes will become a problem with smoothing, repairing, redyeing, and top coating that needs to be stripped off with Stripper-2.3.

You will need this Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit A7.cl and an add-on Leather Bond-3D to bring to a show room condition (remember the sheep wears this skin first before it been tanned into a shearling).
    Name:  DSC_0653__96591.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  129.1 KB
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ing-kit-a7-cl/

Leather Bond-3D
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leather-bond-3d/

Your further questions are welcome.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator