Thread: restoration hardware analine leather couch - urine removal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default restoration hardware analine leather couch - urine removal

hi roger,

i just received you ‘Aniline Wax Pull-up Leather Urine-Odor Killer Kit’ in the mail, along with the suede eraser, split brush and cleaning clothes.

could you advise to the sequence for using these products.

is it best to wrap the cushion in plastic wrap and do the cleaning with the cushion placed back in the leather?

too, several bottles reference rinsing. for example, on the first bottle in the kit, clean urine 1.5, step 4 says to rinse until towel shows clean. am i rinsing with the clean urine 1.5?

thank you again for your help.

brian

hi roger,

i found your sight looking for the best products to clean and restore leather.

wondered if you could advise me as to which of your products we should purchase to attempt saving our new restoration hardware couch.

unfortunately our three year old daughter was left unattended during potty training. my wife used some sort of leather cleaner on the spot... but as you can see the urine and cleaner seemed to combine to make the problem worse.

the leather is pure aniline and is bone colored.

any advice or product recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much.

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 716
Size:  2.15 MB

What products were used to clean it?

here is what was used, diluted per instructions.

Name:  image1 2.jpeg
Views: 748
Size:  848.8 KB

Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 799
Size:  848.7 KB

Directions:
    Use on all types of leathers except suede.

Look!

Question is, what is the reverse side of leather known - isn’t it “suede”.

The smooth side is known as leather, the napped side is known as suede.

Where is the dividing line?

Simply if a product is not meant for suede it is clearly not mean for leather!

Am I right?

here is the reverse side. i will do some checking to find the ph value of what was used.
    Name:  image1 3.jpeg
Views: 750
Size:  1.02 MB
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 09-25-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Name:  Kit-Aw5.uk.JPG
Views: 730
Size:  1.56 MB

Leather Doctor® Kit-Aw5.uk, aniline wax pull-up leather urine killer kit is formulated to decontaminate urine problems. Aged urine is detectable with its characteristic ammonic odor. The presence of ammonic odor may indicate the shifting of pH value up to 10. The leather will most likely feel sticky or slimy with wet finger testing it. This stickiness is a sign of leather denaturing and reverting to rawhide. pH balance to stabilize the denaturing leather is rectify with CleanUrine-1.5 follows with Acidifier-2.0 rinse. Urine decontamination is treated with KillUrine-2.1 and thereafter clean with Clean-3.8 and Rinse-3.0 accordingly. At this stage, the leather should feel squeaky after returning to its chemistry integrity of pH 3 - 5. Stiff leather is relaxed and sticks together fiber separated by Hydrator-3.3. The penetrated stain removing process continues with hydrating prior to fat and oil replenishing with leather scented Fatliquor.ls-5.5. LeatherEraser-4 is used to removed suspended dry soiling particular during the wet cleaning and dry preparation process. Wax Effect-8.6 rejuvenates the structural wax pull-up effect and coagulates a cloudy waxy coating on the surface to be heat activated into the characteristic glossy sheen. The surface wear of the leather is greatly reduced with a rub-resistant Protector-D+ that enhances a non-stick draggy-feel to shield against sticky soiling, besides healing and concealing lightening scuff and abrasion marks. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach for aniline wax pull-up leathers urine decontamination process.

>>> is it best to wrap the cushion in plastic wrap and do the cleaning with the cushion placed back in the leather?

Yes, after wrapping the cushion with plastic - place back the leather in reverse with the suede side facing up. You may also do the cleaning on the suede side instead. Make sure the products reaches the smooth side over the stain area

>>> could you advise to the sequence for using these products. too, several bottles reference rinsing. for example, on the first bottle in the kit, clean urine 1.5, step 4 says to rinse until towel shows clean. am i rinsing with the clean urine 1.5?

Here is the sequence of product used:

1- CleanUrine-1.5 (cleaning) > Acidifier-2.0 (rinsing) system.

2- Cleaning the non-stain area with Clean-3.8 (cleaning) > Rinse-3.0 (rinsing) system.

3- KillUrine-2.1 to treat or saturate the stain area and leave to dry.

4- Hydrate with Hydrator-3.3

5- Fatliquor with Fatliquor-5.0

6- Wax Pull-up effect rejuvenating with EffectWax-8.6

7- If topcoating is desired (optional), then used AnilineTop-76G.

8- Protector-D/D+ after AnilineTop-76G

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information