Thread: Natuzzi 2-Cushion Couch, Faded

Default Natuzzi 2-Cushion Couch, Faded

I purchased a Natuzzi 2-cushion sofa while I was living in Milan. It's about 5 years old. It is all leather with a subtle chrome frame. Leather is sort of an indigo/blue jean type color. Faces of seat cushions and seat backs have faded a bit. When I apply a quality leather cream the color returns for a short while. The seat faces and backs have also lost some of the sheen. The last photo indicates the original, non-faded color. Any idea which products I should use to restore both the color and finish?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

>>> Faces of seat cushions and seat backs have faded a bit.

This leather is identified as “aniline” - that is a ‘transparent’ dyestuff like varnishing versus painting. When you unzip the cushion you would see the same color range. A good quality dye through leather has its cross section of the same color without a un-dyed layer at the center. When the thickness of the leather is hydrated the dyestuff will resurface and saturate the surface. A good dwell may take up to 72 hours, allowing the dyestuff to redistribute itself.
    Further intensifying the color saturation is by faliquoring with Fatliquor-5.0

>>> The seat faces and backs have also lost some of the sheen.

Soiling and wear will show as lost of sheen, to restore will need AnilineTop-76G

>>> Any idea which products I should use to restore both the color and finish?

Recommended sequence of process is as follows:
    1- Degreasing:
    Body oil, grease and sweat need to be removed with Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0/Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator.3.3
    2- pH Neutralizing:
    Aging sweat raises the pH value of the leather protein fiber and need to bring back to between 3 and 5 with Acidifier-2.0
    3- Stain Removal:
    Know stains are removed accordingly.
    4- Leather Rejuvenating:
    Hydrating with long dwell helps flush out penetrated soiling particulates and redistribute dyestuff prior to fatliquoring with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0.
    5- Color intensity is inspected for satisfaction after Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0.
    6- A test with topcoat AnilineTop-76G for satisfaction, otherwise an option for redyeing with Aniline-76 prior to topcoat it.

Kit recommendation:
    1- for topcoating use Kit-A6.tc
    2- for color refinishing use Kit-A7.cl
    Note: Kits are designs as a system and individual refills may be required to finish a large project.

Name:  Kit-A6.tc.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  1.47 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a6-...finishing-kit/

Name:  Kit-A7.cl.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  1.42 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Name:  aniline-a.fs-full-sauvage.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  310.4 KB

Roger Koh