Thread: Impregnator 26 and water stains

Default Impregnator 26 and water stains

Good evening,

I have used the impregnator 26 and I have the stain that comes with it but I don't know how to remove it. I bought the LV KIT 7 and other products. It has some scratch that are not deep and water stains
    Attached Images Attached Images     

>>> I have used the impregnator 26 and I have the stain that comes with it but I don't know how to remove it.

Impregnator-26 is for the purpose to impregnate and strengthen weak structure from over-stretching. It is for below surface and any surface is wipe away and clean off otherwise it will produce a darkening effect like picture shown. Any surface repairs becomes obvious when any of these products are used: Impregnator-26 > Bond-3D > Adhesor-73. It will need to be camouflaged with matching coloring using Vachetta-84 > VachettaTop-84 > Protector-B+. Thus returning to the original very light color as ‘simulated vachetta’ that is still breathable but with an opaque mono-tone finishes.

>>> I bought the LV KIT 7 and other products. It has some scratch that are not deep and water stains

Flaps shown on the piping on Picture #3 is repair with Bond-3D. Light scratches and grain damages at edges that can be detected with fingertips are repair with Adhesor-73 to build back the skin. All these damages repairs will darken the skin - thus before such repairs, color refinishing have to be borne in mind with Vachetta-84 > VachettaTop-84 > Protector-B+.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

I was looking for the vachetta-84 and vachettatop-84 and I can't find it.

Working with color coating Vachetta-84.
    Leather Doctor Vachetta-84 is a water based opaque lacquer emulsion formulation design to camouflage Vachetta leather repairs. Any repairs will needs its unsightly appearance improved. Thus takes on a new like monotone appearance converting into a pigmented finish. This pigment color coating forms a discontinuous breathable film with high performance against UV light then standard pigment, and provides good color consistency with a buttery softness warm characteristic. http://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachetta-84-1/

#1- The darkening effect after repairs is color over with Vachetta-84 to produce a new-like Vachetta appearance prior to any sun tanning effect.
    Name:  P1070248.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  4.18 MB

#2- Subsequent color coating follows with fine brushing technique.
    Name:  P1070249.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  3.87 MB

#3- A dabbing painting technique blends with the leather natural creases without showing artificial painting strokes.
    Name:  P1070250.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  4.09 MB

#4- The color dabbing coating is let dry between coating.
    Name:  P1070267.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  4.26 MB

#5- The brush is preferable to be clean either dry from a lint-free towel or water to remove coagulating build-up.
    Name:  P1070268.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  4.20 MB

Working with Top Coating VachettaTop-84
    Leather Doctor VachettaTop-84 topcoat is a soft nitrocellulose lacquer-emulsion for sealing Vachetta-84. It imparts a breathable discontinuous film with a buttery softness warm characteristic. Luster level is matched to the original naked, unfinished Vachetta. http://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachettatop-84-1/

#6- Top coating with VachettaTop-84 matching system continues when the color coating Vachetta-84 is dry. Any water based lacquer odor will dissipate when the finishes is completely dry.
    Name:  P1070274.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  4.12 MB

#7- The final top coating luster is matched with a piece or Vachetta new leather samples for satisfaction.
    Name:  P1070279.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  3.66 MB

A comprehensive Louis Vuitton Vachetta Leather Restoration includes the following:
    Part 1/7 - Degreasing
    Part 2/7 - pH Balancing
    Part 3/7 - Leather Rejuvenating
    Part 4/7 - Browning Treatment
    Part 5/7 - Repairs
    Part 6/7 - Color Refinishing
    Part 7/7 - Protection

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-09-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information