Hi there,
I have a question about PH neutralization system. I bought a vintage Louis Vuitton bag and cleaned it with KIWI Saddle Soap and proceeded to condition it with Apple Care Conditioner. I was able to find out the PH on the Conditioner - 4.5, but I was not able to find out what the PH is for the Saddle Soap. I read an article that said that most Saddle Soaps would have 10 PH or higher, which would make sense to me because the outcome was dryness and cracking of the vachetta. So my question is should I play it safe and go ahead with the pH Neutralization and Balancing process (VachettoPro-1.2 - Acidifier-2.0) to bring back the pH chemistry integrity of the leather? If so, since the leather already showing sings of cracking, should I rejuvenate it first using the Hydrator-3.3 -- Fatliquor-5.0 --Hydrator-3.3 system and for how long should the initial system be applied for? I understand that you would like the fat and oil moisture level to be around 15% - but I have no way to test this because investing in a moisture meter is too costly for me. Therefore how can tell without the meter that the leather is moist enough and is ready for cleaning?
Thanks so much in advance!
-Anna