Thread: question about the procedure for kit v4

Default question about the procedure for kit v4

Hi Roger got my kit and start my experimental with it have some questions regarding how to use.

1. when i applied degreaser do i leave it on at least 10-30 minute before towel extract?

2. when you said towel extract until towel clean. do you mean use the towel to wipe off the product from the leather?

3. can i use vachetta 2.8 and degreaser 2.2 spot treat with cotton swipe? or do i need to apply all over?

4. do i need to wait in between each products at least 10-30 minute before applied another product?

5. after i finished the routine degreaser > acidifier > hydrator > fattiliquor let it dry > vachetta 2.8 the stain seem to come off but it still dark.
    do i need to reapply from the start ? or just apply vachetta 2.8 until i get the color i want? or do i need to start from the beginning with degreaser?

6. what is difference between vachetta 2.8 and d'tannin ? can i use both in same procedure?

7. I notice that after fattiliqour the area tend to get slightly darker. after i achieve the color i wanted.
    can i repeat the hydrator 3.3 and wrap 72 hour and applied fattiliqour again to get the smooth soft leather and not cracking?

thnk you so much!
    Last edited by spoiledmm; 02-28-2017 at 03:34 PM.

photo before after i tried to use the products as your instruction
    and left it to dry for about 36 hours. I LOVE THE RESULT!!!!

Name:  unnamed3.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  22.2 KBName:  unnamfed.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  14.4 KBName:  unnamedfdf.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  519.9 KB
    Name:  unnadsmed.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  216.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledmm View Post
    Hi Roger got my kit and start my experimental with it have some questions regarding how to use.

1. when i applied degreaser do i leave it on at least 10-30 minute before towel extract?

2. when you said towel extract until towel clean. do you mean use the towel to wipe off the product from the leather?

3. can i use vachetta 2.8 and degreaser 2.2 spot treat with cotton swipe? or do i need to apply all over?

4. do i need to wait in between each products at least 10-30 minute before applied another product?

5. after i finished the routine degreaser > acidifier > hydrator > fattiliquor let it dry > vachetta 2.8 the stain seem to come off but it still dark.
    do i need to reapply from the start ? or just apply vachetta 2.8 until i get the color i want? or do i need to start from the beginning with degreaser?

thnk you so much!
    Last edited by spoiledmm; 02-28-2017 at 03:33 PM.

>>> 1. when i applied degreaser do i leave it on at least 10-30 minute before towel extract?

It will depends on how deep the stain has penetrated, the product has to reach those stain. Timing will also depends on the degree of soiling or before it is completely dry also depends on the humidity you are working on. You will naturally know by intuition and simply logic. If it does not turn out great, you may repeat until you are satisfied.

>>> 2. when you said towel extract until towel clean. do you mean use the towel to wipe off the product from the leather?

Yes! Use a cotton terry towel to wipe or extract until towel shows clean, that is fold the towel and change fold when it is saturated with soiling.

>>> 3. can i use vachetta 2.8 and degreaser 2.2 spot treat with cotton swipe? or do i need to apply all over?

No Spotting, Spotting will produce rings - always wet out evenly the entire section without any dry exposed areas.

>>> 4. do i need to wait in between each products at least 10-30 minute before applied another product?

Yes! Chemical reaction will take time. Vachetta-2.8 will need a complete dry to reveal its potential result.

>>> 5. after i finished the routine degreaser > acidifier > hydrator > fattiliquor let it dry > vachetta 2.8 the stain seem to come off but it still dark. do i need to reapply from the start ? or just apply vachetta 2.8 until i get the color i want? or do i need to start from the beginning with degreaser?

Depends what is the cause of this “still dark” - this may be grease that is moving to the surface - thus it has to be degreased from step 1 over again (this may the reason that your initial product application were not deep enough), don’t forget most of these stains are “below” surface.

>>> 6. what is difference between vachetta 2.8 and d'tannin ? can i use both in same procedure?

Don’t have too - use Vachetta-2.8 first, if the browning is still stubborn, then use CleanTannin-3.5 for all browning associated with plants and vegetable derived stains.

>>> 7. I notice that after fattiliqour the area tend to get slightly darker. after i achieve the color i wanted.
    can i repeat the hydrator 3.3 and wrap 72 hour and applied fattiliqour again to get the smooth soft leather and not cracking?

Yes! You may until you are satisfied with the appearance - your final adjustment may be with Vachetta-2.8 to lighten up a little - just wipe over evenly and let dry to remove a little surface fat and oil residue. Final removal of Vachetta-2.8 is with Hydrator-3.3 - Damp out a towel and simple wipe the surface. When dry apply Protector-D.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

another photo of the final result!
    I am very happy with the products. It is sure not easy to work with leather but with time and carefully follow as instructed.
    It does provide excellent result!
    all my friends were so surprised at how well it look after the I treated the bag second round and leave it 72 hours.

Name:  unnamed2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  274.2 KBName:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  422.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> 1. when i applied degreaser do i leave it on at least 10-30 minute before towel extract?

It will depends on how deep the stain has penetrated, the product has to reach those stain. Timing will also depends on the degree of soiling or before it is completely dry also depends on the humidity you are working on. You will naturally know by intuition and simply logic. If it does not turn out great, you may repeat until you are satisfied.

>>> 2. when you said towel extract until towel clean. do you mean use the towel to wipe off the product from the leather?

Yes! Use a cotton terry towel to wipe or extract until towel shows clean, that is fold the towel and change fold when it is saturated with soiling.

>>> 3. can i use vachetta 2.8 and degreaser 2.2 spot treat with cotton swipe? or do i need to apply all over?

No Spotting, Spotting will produce rings - always wet out evenly the entire section without any dry exposed areas.

>>> 4. do i need to wait in between each products at least 10-30 minute before applied another product?

Yes! Chemical reaction will take time. Vachetta-2.8 will need a complete dry to reveal its potential result.

>>> 5. after i finished the routine degreaser > acidifier > hydrator > fattiliquor let it dry > vachetta 2.8 the stain seem to come off but it still dark. do i need to reapply from the start ? or just apply vachetta 2.8 until i get the color i want? or do i need to start from the beginning with degreaser?

Depends what is the cause of this “still dark” - this may be grease that is moving to the surface - thus it has to be degreased from step 1 over again (this may the reason that your initial product application were not deep enough), don’t forget most of these stains are “below” surface.

>>> 6. what is difference between vachetta 2.8 and d'tannin ? can i use both in same procedure?

Don’t have too - use Vachetta-2.8 first, if the browning is still stubborn, then use CleanTannin-3.5 for all browning associated with plants and vegetable derived stains.

>>> 7. I notice that after fattiliqour the area tend to get slightly darker. after i achieve the color i wanted.

Yes! You may until you are satisfied with the appearance - your final adjustment may be with Vachetta-2.8 to lighten up a little - just wipe over evenly and let dry to remove a little surface fat and oil residue. Final removal of Vachetta-2.8 is with Hydrator-3.3 - Damp out a towel and simple wipe the surface. When dry apply Protector-D.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Picture have shown sign of cracking!

To make sure your leather will NEVER crack is to depend on the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Remember, the lifeblood of leather is the fatliquor - keep it up periodically at 15% - with suppleness your leather will NEVER crack!

Thread Information