Thread: 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia - wrinkles, stress and wear issues.

Default 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia - wrinkles, stress and wear issues.

I spoke with you this afternoon regarding my car seat bolster that has stress marks. The car is 2011 and has 12000 miles on it. The seats are very clean as far as I can tell and still have the leather smell. What wound you suggest to reduce the appearance of the wrinkles and stress marks. The last two pictures are of the upper bolster that has a slight bit of wear just on the very edge. Not sure if that will diminish with replenishment or needs a slight color touchup.

Name:  IMG_2899.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  534.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2901.JPG
Views: 686
Size:  721.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2903.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  559.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2943.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  498.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2944.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  430.9 KB

>>> What wound you suggest to reduce the appearance of the wrinkles and stress marks.

Leather structure rejuvenating with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 >Hydrator-3.3 system will “reduce the appearance of the wrinkles and stress marks.”

>>> The upper bolster that has a slight bit of wear just on the very edge. Not sure if that will diminish with replenishment or needs a slight color touchup.

It will need both leather rejuvenating mentioned above with matching color touchup with Adhesor-73 > Micro-54 > MicroTop-54 + Thickener-48 > Protector-B (B+ for the leather scented version).

Tips:
    1- Fatliquor-5.0 is the lifeblood of leathers and with periodic topping up to the average 14% fat and oil content level when dry will reduce wrinkles and stress.
    2- Wear to both the threads and finishes is the result of friction rubs from noisy sliding in and out. Protector-B/B+ will reduce rubbing noises, thus less friction wear with a soft natural buttery-feel.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit-Ap7.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-ap7...finishing-kit/

Kit-Ap7.cl - Auto Pigmented/Perforated Leather Color Refinishing Kit
    Name:  Kit-Ap7.cl.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  1.17 MB

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

>>> I see that but there is no indication on amount, time to let absorb, etc.

B - Leather Stiffness and Unnatural Creases Rectification:
    Leather stiffness is fibers structure that becomes stick together when leather commonly gets wet and in most cases fatliquor leaches out. Severe stiffness results when leather lost its fatliquor under heat over-exposure and should be handle with caution from cracking it. Leather creases are unnatural wrinkles resulting from the collapsing empty leather fiber structure due to diminishing fatliquor (fat and oil) content.To plumps, relaxes and separates crushed, shrunk and stick together fibrils by manipulating away-unwanted stiffness and unnatural creases is as follows -

Instruction . . .

B1- The thickness of the leather is saturated to an optimum level with moistures oozing out when gently pressed between thumb and fingers with Hydrator-3.3.

B2- The leather is cover up with plastic wrapping to control evaporation and let it dwell up to 72hrs for complete hydration or saturation.

B3- It is then manipulate by staking, stretching, massaging or cross flexing to relax the leather to satisfaction.

B4- With satisfaction and allowing up to 25% combine moisture content or when a cotton dry towel remains dry from wiping and the leather is still damp with Hydrator-3.3, fatliquoring begins before the leather is completely dry.

B5- The fatliquored leather is left to slow dry and any surface shining residue is driven into the leather structure by brushing in conjunction with Hydrator-3.3 until milky residue if any turns crystal clear.

B6- The surface clear moisture is extract with a cotton towel until towel shows dry.

B7- Begin staking, stretching, massaging or cross flexing one more time before the leather is completely dried for the desired suppleness. Best result is manipulating the leather structure to dryness for extra desired suppleness. Read more . . . http://www.leatherdoctor.com/hydrator-3-3/

Leather Approximate Quantity or Percentage of Fatliquor:

The quantities of fatliquor (fat and oil) contents retained in the leather after an universal tannery fatliquoring process may varies up from 14% to 16% depending on the leather types and it usage. This percentage drops as the fat and oil content diminishes or leaches through ageing, water, heat or chemical overexposure.
    Leather rejuvenating or fatliquor replenishing is base on weight of the leather in relation to the percentage of remaining fatliquor. A simple calculation of percentage of fatliquor topping up requirement would be as follows:
    If the weight of the leather in question is 100gm and fatliquor (fat and oil) content meter reading is less than 1%.
    By applying 80gm of Fatliquor-5.0 to it will deliver an end result incremental of 13.3% fatliquor when dry as the 66.6% water contents evaporates.
    In the leather rejuvenating Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system, Hydrator-3.3 plays an important role by relaxing, opening up the inter-fibrillary spaces, facilitating and redistributing colloidal water movement, protonating and doing all the pre-conditioning work prior to fatliquoring including cleaning up any excess surface remnants to have a sticky-free surface. In practice with severe dryness the ratio for Hydrator-3.3 is 2 to 1 of Fatliquor-5.0.
    It works out to be approximately 160gm of Hydrator-3.3 plus 80gm of Fatliquor-5.0 to replenish a 100gm dry leather from less than 1% back to the original tannery up from 14% to 16% fatliquor content.
    In every bottle of Fatliquor-5.0 by weight content is comprises of 16.66% ionic negative (-ve) charged fat and oil, and 83.33% of water, the water content that encased the fat and oil molecule in an emulsion suspension when hydrogen bond with the ionic positive (+ve) leather protein fiber will break free and discharged clear from the leather structure to the surface.

Instruction:

1 Warm-up and shake well to a full emulsion for better penetration.
    2 Apply Fatliquor-5.0 and redistribute with foam brush until saturation.
    3 Repeat applications each time water contents evaporate until fully saturated.
    4 Drive remaining surface remnants free of milky fat and oil until it turns clear with Hydrator-3.3.
    5 Allow natural drying for extra softness.
    6 Suppleness of leathers is further stake or massage or flex accordingly with a little wet back with Hydrator-3.3.

Caution:
    Insufficient fatliquoring (fat and oil) content may suffer cracking from staking, massaging or flexing.

Tips:
    1 When crispy dry, prior surface contaminations/damages may darkens as soiling particulates resurface.
    2 Removes soiling particulates with Eraser-4 for all leathers including nubuck and Eraser-5 for suede.
    3 Stretching the darken areas lightly will also lightens the appearance. Read more . . . http://www.leatherdoctor.com/fatliquor-5-0/

>>> Also I thought I read the hydrator should be sprayed but my bottle does not have the spray top attached as in the photo when I ordered. Is that necessary?

Hydrator-3.3 can be applied with a sponge, fold towel, brush - cleaner without unnecessary mist or overspray.

>>> Should I expect to see some slight stains on my clothing for awhile until the material is fully absorbed over time?

No! Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-5.0 rejuvenating system is hydrogen bond with the leather structure, any Fatliquor-5.0 residue is removed with Hydrator-3.3 and the surface is perfectly clean. The fat and oil is ionic negative (-ve) and the leather structure is set-up ionic positive (+ve). There is nothing left to stain any surface contact. Unlike others that is absorbed - this system is hydrogen bonded - just like powder coating using electrical positive and negative charges.

>>> I finally got around to looking at the instructions to begin to apply my Hydrator/Fatliquor application. I must say, the instructions are quite extensive, a little confusing and I'm sure a lot that doesn't apply to my application. Again, I am trying to remove some wrinkles on a seat bolster in a car that is only 6 years old. So the leather I would imagine is the way it is from stress and not from age. Would you be able to tell me in simple, laymans terms how you would recommend going about applying to achieve the results I am looking for? It would be greatly appreciated.

With the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system you may start with:

1- Apply the Hydrator-3.3 and use a horsehair brush or equivalent to remove surface soiling and extract with a white cotton terry towel until towel shows clean.

2- Apply Hydrator-3.3 with the polybrush and let it absorbed into the leather structure - keep on apply as long as it get soaks in.

3- Use a cling wrapper to control evaporation and leave it there up to 72hrs or a shorter duration to soften up the leather structure. There should be a little moisture oozing out when press with fingers and thumb to have the hydrator at its optimum level during this dwell time - may it long or short.

4- When the leather structure is limp and soft, the cling wrapper is removed and wick-up soiling is extracted with towel until towel shows clean.

5- While still damp, Fatliquor-5.0 is applied with the same polybrush to be fully absorbed by the leather structure. In each application cycle 83.33% of the fatliquor water content needs to be evaporated. It is the fat and oil contents that are essential to supple up the leather, the fat plumps the leather and the oil lubricates for softness. When the last application pools on the surface will indicate sufficient absorption and ends the application.

6- The leather is left for slow natural drying and surface shine is removed with Hydrator-3.3 until any milky residue is removed off the surface.

7- The seat can be used immediately by placing a towel over it.

8- It is also recommended that the seat be used from almost dry to dry to produce extra softness to the leather with strength.

Thread Information