Hello, everyone!

I've joined this forum because I'm eager to have someone set me straight. I'm ready to treat my precious handbags with some sort of leather care product, but my months of research online have revealed that no leather care professional seems to agree on what ingredients are safe and which are not. For every ingredient that can make it into a leather care product, I've read paragraphs about why it should be avoided. I'm beginning to conclude that everyone can probably be divided into at least two schools of thought. The first is those who embrace the use of animal oils. And the second is those who reject this idea and instead brace the use of petroleum derivatives, such as petrolatum. These two schools of thought seem to be at odds with one another, and I'm having trouble deciding myself! Would it be possible for someone to please set me straight? In addition, it would be amazing to have someone write and share a list of common leather care ingredients, with each ingredient's pro and con listed after it. Sorry for the tall order! I am SO excited to hear what responses I get! Thank you in advance!

Lisa