Thread: once was white snakeskin clutch

Default once was white snakeskin clutch

Hi Roger can you help me with the right steps on getting this bag as close to white as posable ? i would love to salvage it but if it cant be done then i would be willing to change the color
    manny thanks maggie Name:  IMG_5177.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  2.36 MBName:  IMG_5175.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  1.67 MBName:  IMG_5178.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  2.03 MB

Like to know what products you have used so far as it is most likely part of the cause besides the body contacts thus the browning is most likely a compound problem or more then one cause.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

hello
    on the top i used degreaser 22 where it is pink and it helped!
    on the bottom clean tarnish 1.3 and it brought it out to a darker brown so then i tried prep 4.4 and 7.7 and it did nothing
    the bag is second hand
    before i started in the crevices with no light it is white and the front and back were light yellow with the bottom a light brown tinge
    is there any hope after what i have done ?

>>> on the top i used degreaser 22 where it is pink and it helped!

Degreaser-2.2 is used in combination with Acidifier-2.0 and Hydrator-3.3
    Degreaser-2.2 is for emulsifying any body oil and grease stains and also brings any sweat yellowing causing pH value to goes down.
    Acidifier-2.0 is used as surface rinse and also helps balance pH going alkaline back to acidic for reduce browning.
    Hydrator-3.3 helps to moves the penetrated contamination to the surface.
    Any wick up residue has to be removed off the surface of the skin and the technique practice is “reverse transfer” using Towel-5 as shown with this example:

Tips:
    Do not leave any space not covered.
    It has to be skin tight without any airspace for any wick up contamination to pass through the Towel-5.

Note:
    Picture shows that the yellow stains is shown on the Towel-5 which is a good sign and it could be repeated until the towel shows clean. You will know that the stains is completely gone.

#1 Reverse Transfer with Towel-5
    Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  2.83 MB

>>> on the bottom CleanTarnish-1.3 and it brought it out to a darker brown so then i tried prep 4.4 and 7.7 and it did nothing the bag is second hand

CleanTarnish-1.3 is for metallic stains and is not appropriate to use as it only react with metallic stains! However any usage of CleanTarnish-1.3 has to be pH balance with Basifier-8.8.
    CleanTannin-3.5 is used for browning correction from vegetable or plant derived stains and is used as the final correction. It is to be left to dry for the “redox” (reduction-oxidation) to takes place.

>>> before i started in the crevices with no light it is white and the front and back were light yellow with the bottom a light brown tinge

Any surface release soiling or contamination or stains has to be moved “off” the surface of the skin and the only possible method is by “reverse transfer” and mentioned.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-30-2016 at 11:39 AM.

>>> is there any hope after what i have done ?

Picture of the scale has shown that the stain is running to each of its center and has no where to go but still remains on the skin surface.

Definitely a "reverse-transfer" will helps to lift the released stains off completely.

Thread Information