Thread: Aniline Dyed - Desede Sofa

Default Aniline Dyed - Desede Sofa

Hi Roger I contacted you back in Feb about two German DeSede sofas that I have. They are very good quality aliline dyed leather. They were manufactured by Neinkemper in Toronto. Over the years they have faded and discoloured. I wonder if you could suggest treatment and products for them?
    I have read your suggestions on your website and marvelled at your depth of knowledge on the topic... So I feel I and my sofas are in the best possible hands! Thank you very much Lee

Name:  IMG_0730.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0735.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0734.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  25.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0733.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0731.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0732.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  37.0 KB

“faded and discolored” aniline dye-through leather can be rejuvenated without the need of additional dyestuff. Depends on excess dyestuff and thickness of the leather the dyestuff within can be activated and redistributed to the surface with Hydrator-3.3 process. Fatliquor-5.0 will also contribute to the color richness as it is also diminished through ageing and the percentage goes down from the average 14% universal tannery standard. Topping up the fatliquor percentage not only magnifies the color intensity it impart suppleness that prevents leather from cracking.

However, leather rejuvenating is the 2-phase after corrective or restorative cleaning to remove surface and penetrated soiling. Generally this is accomplished with Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 and for penetrated soiling Hydrator-3.3 helps moves soiling particulates to the surface. Without this restorative cleaning the Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0 products may be contaminated and compromised with existing soiling that may alter its pH value, which is vital for ionic positive (+ve) leather fibers to hydrogen bond with the ionic negative (-ve) Fatliquor-5.0.

See other soiling removal system with this Aniline (A.fs) Full Sauvage Leather Problem Solving Matrix as reference:
    Name:  Aniline (A.fs) - Full Sauvage.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  312.1 KB

Surface topcoat damages like whitish scuff and worn areas are repair with AnilineTop-76G with this Kit-A6.tc
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a6-...finishing-kit/
    Name:  Kit-A6.tc.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  1.47 MB

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information