Thread: Inside pocket of neverfull ruined by wet towel with vinegar

Default Inside pocket of neverfull ruined by wet towel with vinegar

The pocket inside LV neverfull was ruined by wet towel that had vinegar on it. I didn'the realize while cleaning the purse that my inside pocket was laying against the wet towel. Now the vachetta leather on the pocket has turned a dark brown/blackish color. I'm interested in purchasing a kit but I'm not really sure what kit I will need to fix the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Tips 1 – “Cracking”

Prevention of “Cracking” is paramount, once crack like a broken string will need bonding repairs and will be obvious of a repair unless it is hidden away with a pigment coating that ends the life of the natural appearance of this naked, unfinished Vachetta leather. Fatliquor is the lifeblood of leather and once they are leach out or vaporize through time they will need to be replenished up to an average of 14% (fat and oil content when dry measure with a leather pH meter or equivalent) to maintain their suppleness (just like our car engine oil will need be kept up to an acceptable minimum level before the engine burns out).

Tips 2 – Shrinkage

Shrinkage has first need to be relaxed with Hydrator-3.3 to return back to its original dimension. In practice Hydrator-3.3 is dwell up to 72 hours and stretched crosswise when the leather is plump with fullness. When the desired dimension is stretched back to satisfaction it needs to be stabilized with fatliquor, otherwise it will revert back and collapse with emptiness in-between the fiber. At about 25% moisture level or while damp from towel extraction until towel shows dry. Fatliquor-5.0 is replenished with repeat as each cycle the water content evaporates leaving behind the fat and oil. The fat plumps the leather with fullness and the oil lubricates with suppleness.

Tips 3 – “Dark Brown/Blackish Color.

Any solution that causes “dark brown/blackish color” has denatured the leather. The initial step is to bring back the pH value to its pH neutral (iso-electric point or pI). General cleaning is performed with VachettaPro-1.2 and alkaline residue is rinse with Acidifier-2.0. Penetrated residue will need Hydrator-3.3 to wick them to the surface to be towel extracted and “reverse transfer” with towel T-5 rather then remaining on the leather surface grain. Final treatment to lighten-up with Vachetta-2.8 is done when the leather is dry after Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit-V3+
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v3-...f-removal-kit/
    Name:  Kit-V3+.JPG
Views: 856
Size:  1.38 MB
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-03-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Thread Information