Thread: Blazeejewski- Scratches and faded seat cushions

Default Blazeejewski- Scratches and faded seat cushions

Roger, this sofa is only 3 years old but the dog is causing damage to the seat cushions only. We are going to try and only repair the seat cushions to match the rest of the sofa. The leather appears to be pigmented or was aniline dyed to a light color and a dark secondary top coat was used to finish. The suede side is very light compared to the finished side. The bottom cushions look 2 tone because they are wearing unevenly but the rest of the sofa looks more monotone. I'm not sure what dye to order, I wrote Aniline-76 on order form but I think it might be Antique or ? Please advise what dye to order after you receive the sample.

Let me know how to proceed to repair scratches, they are not very deep and I'm hoping that adhesor might work? You might need better close up pictures after we get the sofa here.

Name:  100_3389.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  2.49 MB
    3-15A The overall sofa- camera problem?

Name:  100_3391.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  2.62 MB
    3-15B Close up of scratches

Name:  100_3394.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  1.70 MB
    3-15C Close up of fading

>>> You might need better close up pictures after we get the sofa here.

Yes to have a general look and I think it would be 'translucent' Antique-27 finishes rather than the 'transparent' Aniline-27 from what you have described. Will also inspect the sample when received to confirm.

>>> 3-15C Close up of fading

Are you talking about "sunlight or UV fading" or the secondary color wearing off to the lighter primary color?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> 3-15C Close up of fading

Are you talking about "sunlight or UV fading" or the secondary color wearing off to the lighter primary color?
    I think its wearing off because the rest of the sofa doesn't show any atmospheric fading.

What you describe is typical of a Two-tone finishes and your picture 3-15C shows one of its characteristic.

>>> 3-15B Close up of scratches

Recommend that you strip off the darker secondary completely with Stripper-2.3 to even out the lighter primary color before you refinish.

Adhesor-73 prior to color refinishing will make the secondary color less prone to scratches or friction rubs.

Thread Information