Thread: 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather - how your product works?

Default 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather - how your product works?

I have a 2005 ford f150 king ranch and im inquiring about sending you my center console lid so that I can see how well your product works... can you elaborate on how I would go about this ? and price?

Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 1063
Size:  3.09 MB

Name:  image2.JPG
Views: 934
Size:  2.61 MB

Name:  image3.JPG
Views: 890
Size:  2.62 MB

Name:  image4.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  image5.JPG
Views: 967
Size:  2.23 MB

>>> I ordered a kit from your site. Will that enable me to repair my seats?
    See step 6 – 7.

>>> Get the dark color out?
    See step 1 – 6.

>>> Then start from scratch basically???

See step 8, 9, 10 & 11.

How can the rough area on the console lid be fixed???

See step 6 – 7.

Does the kit I ordered come with full instructions???
    Every bottle has its own instruction and to have an bird’s eye view you will need this forum to walk you through.

Here is the recommended sequence of steps:

1 - Degreasing:
    Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    Objective is to concentrates on the obvious darkening body contact areas to remove penetrated oil, grease and sweat.

2 - Restorative Cleaning:
    Prep-4.4 > CleanPro-1.5 > Rinse-3.0
    This restorative cleaning is an overall cleaning over the degreasing areas as well.

3 - Hydrating:
    Hydrator-3.3 system
    Hydrating is helping the suspended soiling below to move to the surface to be towel extracted immediately or erase when crispy dry.

4 - Fatliquoring:
    Fatliquor-5.0 system
    Fatliquoring is repeating the original softening process of the leather to impart suppleness from stiffness and cracking.

Note:
    The leather is recommended that at each transition steps it should be damp or at least about 25% moisture level preventing the leather from cracking with insufficient fat and oil moisture level. This precaution is strongly recommended to leathers that have already shown evident of cracking from accelerating.

5 – Browning Treatment:
    Vachetta-2.8 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    Darkening effect from sweat will need to be treated with a redox (reduction-oxidation) chemical process to lighten the appearance.

6 – Dry Preparation
    Eraser-4 > 1500/2000grit-Sanding:
    Re-surface soiling particulates are removed with Eraser-4 and deteriorating darkening grains that does not response with Vachetta-2.8 treatment may have to he physical removed.

All the above treatment and dry preparation is to achieve an even appearance to reduce any blemishes that may be magnified or amplified through with topcoat refinishing as Plan-A.

7 – Repairs:
    Impregnator-26 and/or Bond-3D system:
    Darkening effect areas have to be inspected for weakness and strengthen with Impregnator-26. Macro cracks may be seal with Bond-3D accordingly before refinishing.

8 – Inspection:
    Refinishing will depends on the appearance after repairs and any darkening effect will need to be either camouflage with Plan-B or block-off with Plan-C. Plan-A is to restore a clear topcoat to return to its original ‘sauvage’ appearance and this is most desired. Plan-B is to have matching ‘transparent’ aniline dyestuff applied to camouflage any blemishes areas, thus the entire appearance will take on a deeper color saturation and it may differ from original color scheme but still retain the transparent aniline effect. Downside is that aniline dyestuff may be subject to sun fading however it still buy time to go into Plan-C is so desired on a later date. Plan-C is to micro-pigment coat the remaining darkening effect if any and retain its original color range with a ’mono-tone’ less natural appearance like most of the other auto leather seat. Difference between dyestuff and pigment color is that dyestuff builds up color by layers and additional layers will bring the color darker. Pigment color is what you see is what you get.

9 – Plan-A - Top Coat Refinishing:
    AnilineTop-83G > AnilineTop-83S > Protector-B
    Aniline gloss topcoat is first used both to smooth any suede surface as well as to impart a natural see through beauty. Any blemishes will also be shown through and decision is either to camouflage it with a deeper saturation of the same range as Plan-B or Plan-C.

10 – Plan-B – Dye Camouflaging with Top Coat Refinishing:
    Aniline-76 > AnilineTop-83G > AnilineTop-83S > Protector-B
    This option is to camouflage any darkening effect with a darker matching color saturation so that any darkening effect is blend-off. The advantage is the leather retains its original transparency characteristic except moving into a darker range. Downside is aniline dyestuff is subject to sunfading more than UV resistant micro-pigment coloring.

11 – Plan-C – Micro-Pigment Blocking with Top Coat Refinishing:
    Adhesor-73 > Micro-54 > Aniline-76Clear > AnilineTop-83G > AnilineTop-83S > Protector-B
    This is a hybrid system where an ‘opaque’ micro-pigment Micro-54 matching color is used to block off darkening effect results from heavy repairs or existing blemishes. The leather is first prime with Adhesor-73 both to smooth the leather surface and promotes adhesion prior to color application. Thereafter a clear Aniline-76 imparts the beauty of depth and AnilineTop-83 is used to seal the coloring, which also determines the luster level. Finally Protector-B application imparts a non-stick surface that also reduces friction rubs and any sliding in and out of the seat will be much smoother and quieter.

Thread Information