Thread: Chanel Shoes Leather Care

Default Chanel Shoes Leather Care

Thanks for shipping everything so quickly. I can't wait to start working on my mother's bags. Now that I looked at the Hermes swift, box and vache leather up close, it does look a bit dry, so I'm glad I got the A3 kit.

I have questions for you regarding the Chanel shoes on this email:

- Can the creases on the pointy toes of the yellow gold/black shoes be removed with any of your products? If so, please advice. This leather is stiffer and glossier than Chanel's usual for shoes, but not as glossy as their patent leather bags.

- Can I bring these shoes back to its original shape, meaning eliminate the side/overall stretching/wrinkling due to wear? If so, please advice.

- Can I even out the color (hide dirt and discoloration) of these loafers by just polishing them with a darker shade of brown?

- Can I dye these suede loafers black myself?

Name:  20160205_140445.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  5.13 MB

Name:  20160205_142051.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  4.73 MB

Name:  20160205_140913.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  4.66 MB

Name:  20160205_141042.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  5.09 MB

>>> - Can the creases on the pointy toes of the yellow gold/black shoes be removed with any of your products? If so, please advice. This leather is stiffer and glossier than Chanel's usual for shoes, but not as glossy as their patent leather bags.

The glossier urethane topcoat like AnilineTop-76 result in the leather becoming less absorbent.

>>> - Can I bring these shoes back to its original shape, meaning eliminate the side/overall stretching/wrinkling due to wear? If so, please advice.

The only access to the collapse leather structure is by the reverse suede side with the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system. Hydrating is best support with a shoetree and left to dwell up to 72hrs. Will see significant improvement, however a long-term sustainability is by Impregnator-26 to strengthen the over-stretch creases.

>>> - Can I even out the color (hide dirt and discoloration) of these loafers by just polishing them with a darker shade of brown?

These loafers is most possibly vegetable-tanned finish with a clear topcoat like AnilineTop-76. Restoring back to their original leather types would require this sequence of steps:
    A - Restorative Cleaning by Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.
    B – Leather Rejuvenating by Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0.
    C – Repairs to flaps and roughness with Bond-3D.
    D – Surface smooth repairs with Adhesor-73.
    E – Color repair with Aniline-76 color need to be darker than existing after repairs color to camouflage it with transparency (just like transparent varnishing versus opaque paints).
    F – Matching AnilineTop-76G to seal the dyestuff from bleeding.
    G – Protector-B to reduce abrasion and scuffing.

>>> - Can I dye these suede loafers black myself?

Yes!
    Use this Kit-S7.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-s7-...finishing-kit/

Thanks again, Roger! Man, I'm gonna be busy lol What would be the process to dye the leather loafers black as well?

The sequence of process will be as follows:

A- Preparatory Cleaning:
    By Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system

B- Leather Rejuvenating:
    By Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system

C- Repairs to flaps and cuts:
    By Bond-3D

D- Repairs to abrasion and suede to smooth:
    By Adhesor-73

E- Transparent Aniline Dye Coating:
    By Aniline-76

F- Gloss Top Coating:
    By AnilineTop-76G

G- Rub-Resistant Protection
    By Protector-B+

We will go into details on the tools use in each process and techniques to produce the best result if you still have continuous interest.

Products mentioned can found in this Kit-A7.cl, otherwise they can be added individually.
    Name:  DSC_0653.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  1.42 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Thanks a lot again, Roger. We will get to the detail when I get to it

Name:  20160212_170449.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  4.29 MB

Hi Roger,
    I have this vintage pair of Chanel gloves, they arw lined, the leather is very soft to the touch like lambskin and when I tried one on (right one on pic), the leather on the fingers is looking wrinkled. Do you know why and if it can be fixed?
    These gloves do not feel dry at all. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Thread Information