Thread: Jean Dye Transfer on 2014 Jeep Seats

Default Jean Dye Transfer on 2014 Jeep Seats

Could someone tell me which products to get in order to clean blue jean dye from my seats? I've read about some products on other posts, but I want to make sure I get everything I need on my first purchase.

Name:  seat.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  206.4 KB

Thank you.

The first try is using Prep-7.7 using a ‘reverse transfer’ technique with Towel-T5. Once the stain is suspended it will be absorbed by the more absorbent towel and peel off clean. The sticky residue is removed with Clean-3.8 and pH balanced and rinse with Rinse-3.0.

To ensure you get everything on your first purchase, I will recommend that have this Kit-Ap7.di from this link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-ap7...n-removal-kit/

Name:  Ap7.di.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  1.41 MB
    Leather Doctor® Kit-Ap7.di, auto pigmented / perforated leather dye and ink remover kit is an innovative concept of removing blue jeans dye and ink stains featuring a “reverse transfer” technique utilizing a paper towel over the dwelling Prep-7.7. Prep-7.7. It works by penetrating, lubricating and suspending the stains on dwell time and the paper towel reverse absorb the stain instantaneously from the leather. Prior failed attempt with set-in stains may require the help of Bleach-9.9 as booster to the Prep-7.7 to remove the residual stains. Clean sticky residue with Clean-3.8, rinsed with Rinse-3.0 and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 when Bleach-9.9 is cooperated. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 rejuvenates the leather structure with softness and suppleness when dry. MicroTop-54M is an option for renewing the finish from friction wear. Protector-B imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery feel that shield against sticky soiling and reduce friction noises. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe dye and ink stain removal system.

Instruction:

Testing with Prep-7.7
    1. Cut out a piece of paper towel from the kit not bigger than our thumb size and soak it with Prep-7.7.
    2. Test it on the worst stain area and inspect every 24 hours with fresh application until the stain is gone.
    3. Observe if there is sign of stain removal, if it does, the stain will eventually be remove with repeat application.
    4. To secure the test patch from dislodging wrapped it over with see throughcling wrap.
    5. When stain is removed with satisfaction, clean off the sticky residue with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0 until a
    squeaky-feel.
    6. The lack of a healthy squeaky feel may be the result of worn out topcoat, reapplication with MicroTop-54M is
    recommended.
    7. Apply a soak out paper towel with Acidifier-2.0 over the area until dry to strengthen the finish prior to topcoat application.
    8. When test after 72 hours shows poor response, Bleach-9.9 may be used to boost the Prep-7.7.

Mixing Ratio (1: 2: 2)
    1. A mixing ratio guide by weight is 1 part Bleach-9.9: 2 parts Prep-7.7: 2 parts Hot water.
    2. From the mixing bottle, a small test portion Bleach-9.9 is first added into the bottle follow with Prep-7.7 adding and stirring
    into a paste.
    3. Hot water is dripped into the bottle using the pipette to activate the bleach and stirring into a creamy paste.

Testing with Bleach-9.9
    1. Apply onto an inconspicuous or hidden area and leave it for a 12 hours inspection for discoloration.
    2. Remove residue with damp wiping and cleaning sticky residue with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0.
    3. Cut out a paper towel, soak with Acidifier-2.0 and place on the test spot until naturally dry to neutralize the alkalinity.

Note
    If testing with Bleach-9.9 bleach shows side effect, abandon and continue only with Prep-7.7.

Actual Application
    Repeat testing successes to the actual application.

Thank you for the response.

Name:  seat.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  35.8 KB

I used the test paper and Prep-7.7 on the darkest part of the stain. After nearly 48 hours, the dye seemed to start loosening. However, it also appears that the leather is peeling away. I can't tell if the dye is being pulled out, if the stained layers of the leather are coming off, or both. Does this look normal? Even though the stain is lightening, I'm scared to address any other areas so far.

>>> Does this look normal?

Any high friction or rub areas may have existing coating wear or weakening that becomes exaggerated is a common issue. Even without removing the unwanted stains, it will sooner or later wear through to the leather crust. Option is to have it matched color touch-up or refinished thereafter.

>>> Even though the stain is lightening, I'm scared to address any other areas so far.

Removing on healthier areas should not have any of this finishes damages issues, as ‘mechanical’ force is only limit to soft horsehair Brush-1 agitation.

I understand that sooner or later, the leather will eventually erode down, but I would rather not make that sooner with the use of the Prep-7.7. Does that look like what happened -- this particular area wasn't healthy enough to handle the product? I don't want to make a problem even worse by trying to fix it.

>>> Does that look like what happened -- this particular area wasn't healthy enough to handle the product?

I would think so, you may want to have a better resolution to confirm, normally the leather crust would have a darker shade.

Thread Information