Thread: How do I remove water stain from this vachetta leather trim?

Default How do I remove water stain from this vachetta leather trim?

I have a case of Aniline Leather that after washing, it will absorbe water and leave water mark.

I have tried to learn from the case http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...hread.php?t=68, but still could not remove it.

Does Roger have any advanced method to remove it?

I only think of using water-proof application on the leather and then wash it.

Washing it will not solve the problem!

The entire leather thickness has to be "SOAKED" with Hydrator-3.3!

Since this vachetta leather is a trim, the process of even out the stain is more restrictive as the white fabric may be stain by the leather in the process.

One way to prevent staining the fabric is to “protect” the fabric with fluorocarbon fabric protector before wetting out the leather with Hydrator-3.3.

The standard procedure to even out the vachetta of marks is:

First, the entire leather trim must be soaked damp and darken evenly with Hydrator-3.3.

And let dwell in this manner preventing evaporation overnight.

Either wrapped with plastic or put into an air-tight plastic container.

The principle of how Hydrator-3.3 works is:

To facilitate colloidal water movement within the leather structure to allow capillary motion in a wicking process.

This process helps to even out the liquid within the leather structure.

While the leather looks evenly darken with moisture, lay tissue paper on the leather, spray wet it and leaves for drying.

During this drying process, any foreign residues that cause the marks are hopefully picked up by the tissue paper.

When it is dry the color may even out.

But, we still have to fatliquor it to prevent the leather from drying and cracking.

The leather is re-wet evenly using Rinse-3.0 then follows with Fatliquor-5.0.

Do you follow, so far?

Roger Koh
    Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification #942
    Leather Care Technician
    Master Textile Cleaner
    Master Fire & Smoke Restorer
    Journeyman Water Restorer
    Since 1973
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 04-08-2011 at 11:30 AM.

We can use fabric protector when dealing with leather stain.
    Then when dealing with fiber cleaning, can I use water-proof application to prevent from forming water marks?

Tips:

1. When cleaning fabric with leather trim use the same process as leathers - Precondition with either Super Cleaner-4.9 or Strong Cleaner-4.3 to match soiling level. Then clean - use Cleaner-3.8 follows by Rinse-3.0.

2. Always clean the fabric parts first and ensure perfectly dry prior to cleaning the leather!

3. Water-proof application is very risky on leathers see stains on last picture in this link - http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...read.php?t=842

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 04-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.

you can protect it from providing a coating as suggested in this forum and for cleaning it take extra care.put a piece of paper or a sponge so as to soak all the liquid from it and lighten stain as more as possible.

Thread Information