Thread: Neil Analine Wax Pull-up, Red wine spill

Default Neil Analine Wax Pull-up, Red wine spill

Hello Roger Its Mike from Chets cleaning. I had a cleint bring in a middle seat coushion to their sofa, his wife spilled a glass of red wine on it. The dye has migrated to a very concentrated circle at the edge of the spill, on the inside and the outside of the coushion. From my experience it feels as if it has started to denature, Feels a little smoother and has a thickness that the other areas do not. Is there anything that can be done to correct this through cleaning? Or would it need to be restored through dye ect?

Name:  2015-11-12 108.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  3.54 MBName:  2015-11-12 107.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  2.97 MBName:  2015-11-12 109.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  2.31 MBName:  2015-11-12 106.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  3.07 MB

>>> Feels a little smoother

Is it tacky or slimmy when test with wet fingers?

Is the stain original or products being used, if so what was used?

the ring on the inside of the coushion feels slimy when wet, inside of the ring has a normal texture (like the uneffect areas). No tackyness present inside or out. The outside of the coushion does not got slimy or tacky. Also I was told nothing was used to try and correct it was just brought into us after the spill it was just blotted.

I was able to get ahold of MRS. Today and she gave me a new story..... It is in fact 2-3 year old cat urine. She took it to a place called Aladin cleaners (they removed the urine odor which is why I could not smell it). But she has no idea what they actually did. This client is also not looking for perfection she it just hoping we can lighten the ring or make it more presentable. It goes to a chair so the frame is the only other matching piece.

The first process is to stabilize the leather from denaturing (tackiness and sliminess) is the sign.
    Latest product system is by CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0.

CleanPro-1.5 (pH 1.5) is a water-based restorative cleaner with an extra protonating or pH balancing function. The amphoteric leather protein fiber ionic positive (+ve) attraction in most cases need to be charged up to attract the other ionic negative (-ve) leather constituents more effectively like the tanning agent from denaturing or reverting to rawhide, stabilizing migrating dyestuff from bleeding, and fatliquor (fat and oil) from breaking hydrogen bonds or leaching that result in stiffness that leads to cracks. In a system to rectify leather denaturing from turning sticky or slimy Acidifier-2.0 is used as rinse. Hydrator-3.3 is used to redistribute the tanning agents back to the expose areas and Fatliquor-5.0 to supple up the leather when dry. The purpose of this low pH value of 1.5 (CleanPro-1.5) is to revert the leather from denaturing or reverting to rawhide, however other associated leather constituents need to be replenished accordingly.
    See this link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/cleanpro-1-5-2/

Thread Information