Good Day Roger,

I have a Nissan Rogue SL 2012 that I bought second hand about 15 months ago. As part of the SL package, the seats are supposed to be leather.

I don't use the back bench much, so I don't really look at it often, so I think this happened about a month or two ago. It is only affecting the left rear bench seat spot right now (the middle and left are normal).

I live on a tropical island and only occasionally have the front windows open, never the back windows. There is a lot of sun and the driver's side is generally the one getting it, but the front seat is normal.

I have had a pair of dogs in the back that may have had wet paws after a trip to the park, but I generally had a large beach towel down to reduce scratch damage.

I give people lifts occasionally but no one has had food or drink in the back seats.

I don't know what got on there or how or if the leather is defective. I would rather not replace the whole bench. The issue may be getting a bit worse with time too.

I have attached photos. There are hard firm spots (kinda feels like hard plastic) and then real puckering around the edges.

I have tried to clean with saddle soap to clean it and then mink oil with absolutely no effect so I went on the internet and found that your ws kit was recommended? I am willing to try whatever is recommended if there is something to do to save the seat

I am hoping you can help the situation.

Sincerely,
Annie

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 725
Size:  560.6 KB

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 734
Size:  601.9 KB

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 706
Size:  519.6 KB