Thread: Another 2008 f250 king ranch needing serious help!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another 2008 f250 king ranch needing serious help!!

Hey guys, I bought this king ranch used,and love it except for the seats.. the previous owner neglected the seats and i am hoping i can bring them back to new or as close to new as possible. Hopefully someone can help!
    thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images          

>>> i am hoping i can bring them back to new or as close to new as possible. Hopefully someone can help!

In reality once the leather is crack (just like broken strings) it is not possible to return back to new condition. The cracks need to be repaired and may not look the same as before it happens or look in perfect condition as the non-crack areas. To overall improved the appearance and conceal the cracks the bonding material (Bond-3D) needs to be used. Covering up the repairs need an opaque pigment (Micro-54) and in order to simulated back the transparent appearance a matching Aniline-76 (transparent coating dyestuff) system is used. This approach will bring the leather to a like-new condition reducing much of the cracks and turning them to be like natural creases and wrinkles. If this is an acceptable approach we can discuss further.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator / Practitioner / Consultant / Instructor / Coach
    [email protected]

Ok, yeah I figured it wouldn't be perfect when I was done I just want to reverse as much of the damage as possible and get it looking as good as possible and then know what to maintain it with once it's restored. So what products/ things do I need to get to acomplish this?
    Look forward to your reply!

>>> I just want to reverse as much of the damage as possible

Reversing the damages or rather stopping further damages to the cracks has to deal with the leather structure.
    That is the leather has dried of its original fatliquor (averages 14% read with a leather moisture meter or equivalent wood moisture meter). The difference needs to be top-up just the way we do with our car engine oil quite often or periodically. Before the fatliquor replenishing the leather stick together fiber need to be relax and separates with the help of Hydrator-3.3. Thus the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 we call it the ‘Rejuvenating’ system.

However prior to the rejuvenating system, the surface soil needs to be removed, degrease and probably will need to adjust its pH chemistry integrity as well. This restorative or preparatory cleaning will require 3 systems that cater for the varied level of soiling and pH contamination. Namely, degreasing with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system, protonating or pH balancing with CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0 system and restorative cleaning with Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system.

>>> and get it looking as good as possible

Repairs need to be done after Preparatory Cleaning and Leather Rejuvenation system. Any structural weakness is tighten-up with Impregnator-26. Cracks is fill and bond with Bond-3D + Stucco-90 + Micro-83. Seal with Adhesor-73 and is ready to received the coloring. Since there are the repairs to the cracks and darkening effect that will still show, an ‘opaque’ primary pigment Micro-83 + Thickener-48 is recommended to block-off or cover-up the imperfection. The secondary ‘transparent’ dyestuff Aniline-83 matching color will stimulate back the beauty of depth. The color is seal with matching gloss aniline topcoat with AnilineTop-83G. Protector-B is the last of the refinishing system for a buttery-feel, non-stick rub-resistant finish.

>>> So what products/ things do I need to get to accomplish this?

Products mentioned are found in this Kit-K8.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-k8-...finishing-kit/
    Name:  Kit-K8.cl.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  1.16 MB

If you are still keen on this project, we shall go into the details.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator / Practitioner / Consultant / Instructor / Coach
    [email protected]

Thanks roger! It took me some time to save the money up for this but im ready now, could you please go into as much detail as you could? I have never done anything like this before but im a capeable diy kind of guy. Im going to pull the seats out of the truck for this process as soon as i hear back from you. Will this one kit be enough to do all the leather in my crew cab truck? Thanks again!
    Last edited by Kazecode; 12-16-2015 at 07:05 AM.

>>> Will this one kit be enough to do all the leather in my crew cab truck?

You may have left overs as well as running short of some products in this kit, refills are available as individual product. As not all seats are of the same condition, doing or finishing up the worst condition seat first will then able to assess the quantity necessary to complete the rest of the seats. When you can handle the toughest then the rest would be easy.

>>> I have never done anything like this before but im a capeable diy kind of guy.

It is just like any painting or refinishing work, the principle is the same. It applies to a pair of shoe as it will also apply to your leather seat - http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...Church-s-Shoes

>>> Im going to pull the seats out of the truck for this process as soon as i hear back from you.

Good idea, If you want professional result airbrushing recommended (a less then $20/- air brush will do the job and high pressure 80 to 100psi will produce a better spray – you may start practicing with the sprayer).

>>> could you please go into as much detail as you could?

I will proceed when you have the products at hand and with reference to specific picture that the procedure or detailing will apply.

Thread Information