Thread: 2005 F250 King Ranch Seats

Default 2005 F250 King Ranch Seats

Hi Roger,

I just spoke with you on the phone and you suggested that I post some pictures to the forums for further instruction/advise. I just bought the truck and would like to see if I can bring some more life into the seats. My driver seat is a little cracked and discolored and my passenger seat is dry. Also the backseat has some sort of imperfection on it and I'm not sure from what. Here are the pics of my my front seats and pictures to get started. Thanks so much Roger!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Numbering the pictures is preferred so that I can reference to it and reply accordingly.

See if this link helps:
    http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...30-How-to-Post

>>> if I can bring some more life into the seats.

The primary practical useful life in leather is the suppleness.
    The aesthetic appearance is secondary.

To bring some more life into the seats will need these following recommendations:

A) Cleaning:
    The purpose of the below 3 levels of cleaning is not to under-clean extreme soiling and not to over-clean light soiling so as to level off the soiling level. These 3 levels of cleaning continues as soon as the terry cotton towel extraction shows dry while the leather is still evenly damp or saturated in this “wet stage”. This wet stage transition at about 25% moisture level or until the towel shows dry and not allow to dry out that will further crack the leather without replenishing with Fatliquor-5.0.

A1) Degreasing: Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system.
    Recommended to body contact area with penetrated oil, grease and sweat.

A2) Protonating or pH Balancing: CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0
    Recommended over the entire seat concentrating on the high soiling areas and over the body contact areas as well.

A3) Restorative Cleaning: Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0
    Recommended over the non-soiling areas of the entire seat and over 1st and 2nd cleaning system.

B) Hydrating:

To be continue . . .
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 10-16-2015 at 09:26 AM.

B) Hydrating: Hydrator-3.3 system

The purposes of hydrating are many folds and in this situation, primarily is to relax the stick together or shrunk fibers opening them up and precondition them for fatliquoring (replenishing or topping up of fat and oil) for leather suppleness thus prevents leather from further crackings. Secondary purpose is to facilitate water movement to bring out the penetrated foreign contamination through a ‘reverse transfer’ technique where the soiling is trapped through Towel-T5.

C) Fatliquoring: Fatliquor-5.0 system

Fatliquoring is simply replenishing or topping up the diminishing original fatliquor (fat & oil). Just like topping up our car engine oil. The existing fatliquor content level may be read with a leather moisture meter or an equivalent wood moisture meter. The difference from the original 14% is then top-up accordingly.

D1) Repairs: Impregnator-26 system

Structural weakness due to crack is re-enforced with Impregnator-2.6 to seal and tighten up the structural weakness.

D2) Repairs: Bond-3D + Stucco-90 + Micro-54 system

Surface cracking is seal just like standard caulking with a mixture of Bond-3D for strength of bond, Stucco-90 for filling and Micro-54 matching coloring to blend or camouflage the repairs.

E1) Refinishing: Adhesor-73 system

Adhesor-73 is used to seal the repairs and provide a foundation for bonding between the surface repairs and the primary opaque coloring.

E2) Refinishing: Micro-54 ‘opaque’ system

Since much of the surface cracks need to be repair the appearance has to be level out with an opaque pigment which deviate from the original transparent effect.

E3) Refinishing: Aniline-76 ‘transparent’ system

Returning back to its original transparency will need a matching Aniline-76 transparent dyestuff.

E4) Refinishing: AnilineTop-76G/S system

Dyestuff needs to be seal with AnilineTop-76 either in gloss or satin luster.

F) Protection: Protector-B/B+

Buttery-feel, non-stick, rub-resistant protection comes in scentless or optional leather-scented to help reduce wear to the finish.

Let us know if the above sequence of prescribed solution to the problem is acceptable?

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator / Practitioner / Consultant / Instructor / Coach
    [email protected]

Thread Information