Thread: Pigmented (Pattern) - unsure if leather or vinyl vomit stains - for 'Sack'

Default Pigmented (Pattern) - unsure if leather or vinyl vomit stains - for 'Sack'

Roger this chair has too perfect of a pattern and I think it is vinyl. I was able to get a swatch from underneath, it buns (doesn't go out, dried like plastic but I could smell a little protein while it was burning. The back side looks like and feels like ultra suede or a very fine leather, but I think the top is a vinyl.
    Is there a definitive method to know for sure weather it is vinyl or leather?

Name:  100_1900.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  2.63 MB
    7-7A overall seat

Name:  100_1896.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  1.98 MB
    7-7B close up of stains

Name:  100_1898.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  2.30 MB
    7-7C further close up of stain

>>> Is there a definitive method to know for sure weather it is vinyl or leather?

Reference to “7-7C further close up of stain” it could be a combination of both.
    In this picture it shows that the grain is embossed with a heavy material (vinyl or synthetic) while the lower groove or valley of the grain look more absorbent, could be the protein leather based just like a ‘Bicast’ leather.

>>> to know for sure weather it is vinyl or leather?

We have to peel them apart to see the cross section besides the burning test.

Thread Information