I have a new Coach bag which is colorblocked white, tan, brown and black. I haven't used it yet but dropped a few drops of water on it accidentally. The drops stained really fast and darkened the tan portion of the purse considerably. I have 3 questions. One, how can I clean this bag without ruining it or darkening the leather. I got a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and was rubbing the spots, which started to fade but then I saw the dye was coming off on the pad, which scared me. I already have a darker patch at the top of the bag where I had one stain and tried to remove it with regular leather cleaner (See second photo). Two, how can I protect the leather from future staining? I bought this tote to take on a month-long trip to Ireland and I've heard its very rainy there and, in addition, I'm very messy. I don't want to change the color of the bag with a protectant. Three,how do I keep the leather conditioned without darkening the bag? I love this bag and can't really afford a professional dry cleaning, so I really need tips on cleaning. Thanks much!Name:  DSCN0398[1].JPG
Views: 889
Size:  3.75 MB Name:  DSCN0399[1].JPG
Views: 825
Size:  3.62 MB