Thread: Louis Vuitton - LV Vachetta - Browning or scuffing damage?

Default Louis Vuitton - LV Vachetta - Browning or scuffing damage?

Name:  Bag browning.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  2.25 MB

Hi Roger,

Thank you for being so kind and patient with me. Can you tell if this is browning or damage from improper cleaning? I have kit V3 but thinking of adding Degreaser, Acidifier, and Leather sponge if this is browning.

Am I correct in my understanding that if this is damage from magic eraser or other scuffing that there is nothing I can do to fix it?

>>> Can you tell if this is browning or damage from improper cleaning?

This is not browning; rather it is physical damages where the skin has been abraded off.

>>> Am I correct in my understanding that if this is damage from magic eraser or other scuffing that there is nothing I can do to fix it?

To fix it may require repairs with Adhesor-73; thereafter a matching luster AnilineTop-21W seals it. Note that Vachetta is unfinished leather; any repairs will deviate from the originality but a good compromise for appearance sake.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> Can you tell if this is browning or damage from improper cleaning?

This is not browning; rather it is physical damages where the skin has been abraded off.

>>> Am I correct in my understanding that if this is damage from magic eraser or other scuffing that there is nothing I can do to fix it?

To fix it may require repairs with Adhesor-73; thereafter a matching luster AnilineTop-21W seals it. Note that Vachetta is unfinished leather; any repairs will deviate from the originality but a good compromise for appearance sake.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]
    Ok. Would i use these two products only on the damaged areas or all of the leather?

Would I use these two products on all of the leather or just the areas that are scuffed?

>>> Would I use these two products on all of the leather or just the areas that are scuffed?

The Adhesor-73 may be cut with distilled water just to smooth up the napped or abraded surface using a cotton swab as the main attention.

When the repairs has reach the same level as the rest of the trim, the entire trim is also treated to have an even appearance.

Thereafter AnilineTop-21W seals all the leather of the entire trim.

Thread Information