Thread: 2005 Lexus ES330 – removing a stain from a black leather belt!

Default 2005 Lexus ES330 – removing a stain from a black leather belt!

I had a question regarding use of your products and the success of removing a stain from a black leather belt.
    I own a 2005 Lexus ES330 and for the last two years there has been a black stain from a black leather belt on the vehicle’s interior driver’s seat – which is tan in color.
    I have tried Maguire’s leather cleaner as well as Lexol as well as other suggestions from some folks in previous forums such as using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
    None of these were even remotely effective.
    I was just about to order a seat cushion/protector to cover and prevent further staining until I ran across a forum where some users suggested your products.
    After reading the forum it seems as though I would need the following:

Restorative cleaning by Prep-7.7 > Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0

Is this correct?
    Will this remove the black dye transfer from the vehicle’s seat?
    I have read numerous other posts that say that the only way to remove the stains is to have the seat areas re-dyed professionally.

I can send pics if they would help…the stains are not terrible but just annoying as the interior is in great shape with the exception of the stains.

I appreciate any advice that you may have.

Name:  IMG_1032.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  2.15 MB

Name:  image003.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  42.0 KB

>>> Restorative cleaning by Prep-7.7 > Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 - Is this correct?

This system works as Plan A and works most of the time depending on severity of the stains and how compounded it is with failed chemical or physical damages.
    Magic Eraser of any kind literally works like a fine sandpaper and may abrade the topcoat without even knowing it. This reducing of the topcoat makes the color coat more vulnerable to chemical resistant and may react accordingly with side effect only manifest if any after the unwanted dye stain is removed. When result reveals normal it is still advisable to restore the topcoat at the affected area to retain the finishes integrity more resistant to cleaning and friction rubs. The friction rubs alone from the leather belt alone warrants this restoring of the topcoat as well. Plan B is implemented after a duration of 72 hours with Prep-7.7. A continue dye removal would be further recommended with not more than a 8 hours dwell to remove the remaining penetrated much deeper stains. This is done with Bleach-9.9 as a booster to the Prep-7.7 and thereafter the sticky residue is clean with Clean-3.8 and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0.

>>> Will this remove the black dye transfer from the vehicle’s seat?

With the two above Plan A and B approaches black dye stains are eliminated with proven success without unproductive hopeless trial and error.

>>> I have read numerous other posts that say that the only way to remove the stains is to have the seat areas re-dyed professionally

Re-coloring over a dye stain has the potential that the migrating may resurface and it does happen.

Recommend approach for stain removal on perforated leathers.

1. Since the stain is on perforated leather caution is to prevent or reduce Prep-7.7 (pH 7.7) to affect the unfinished suede holes.
    2. An indirect application approach is recommended by first apply the Prep-7.7 onto the stretchable paper towel cut to size before gently placing over the stain area.
    3. This is typically known as the “reverse transfer” technique. Advantages includes reduce unnecessary pushing Prep-7.7 into perforated holes that will need a thorough cleaning, preventing the Prep-7.7 from dripping down vertical panel, reabsorbed the stain as it suspended instead of still remaining on the leather surface, and the easy peeling off for periodic inspection.
    4. Sticky residue is clean up with Clean-3.8 and rinse to a squeaky feel with Rinse-3.0, Acidifier-2.0 is used to dwell double the time when Bleach-9.9 is used as booster for the Prep-7.7

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]

Product Information:

Name:  a207916145391afed12d70_m.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  31.3 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit Ap7.di – Auto Pigmented (perforated) Leather Dye / Ink Stain Removal Kit

Leather Doctor® Kit Ap7.di, auto pigmented (perforated) leathers dye and ink remover kit is an innovative concept of removing blue jeans dye and ink stains featuring a “reverse transfer” technique utilizing a paper towel over the dwelling Prep-7.7. Prep-7.7. It works by penetrating, lubricating and suspending the stains on dwell time and the paper towel reverse absorb the stain instantaneously from the leather. Prior failed attempt with set-in stains may require the help of Bleach-9.9 as booster to the Prep-7.7 to remove the residual stains. Sticky residue is clean with Cleaner-3.8, rinsed with Rinse-3.0 and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 when Bleach-9.9 is cooperated. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 rejuvenates the leather structure with softness and suppleness when dry. MicroTop-54D is an option for renewing the topcoat from friction wear. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery feel that shield against sticky soiling and reduce friction noises. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe dye and ink stain removal system.

Thread Information