Thread: Aniline (Mono-Tone) - light blue aniline leather chair needs some help

Default Aniline (Mono-Tone) - light blue aniline leather chair needs some help

I picked up a leather chair at a thrift store because I liked the lines and thought it would clean up nicely. It is badly faded from it's original color (periwinkle?) and the back and sides are probably not leather. I would like to clean it up and renew the color. Do I need more than the standard cleaning kit? Please advise.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

>>> I picked up a leather chair at a thrift store

If the reverse suede side shows the same shade of color as the front, it is semi-aniline. That is the leather is first dye through and a micro-pigment is added to the surface. In such cases the dormant dyestuff below surface may be activated by Hydrator-3.3 to resurface renewing some color to the surface making less of a contrast from fading or lost of color finishing.

>>> I would like to clean it up and renew the color

Restorative cleaning will require the help of Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0, stripping of deteriorated finishes to even out a panel will need Stripper-2.3.

>>> original color (periwinkle?)

This is a custom color close to sample #66 with a mix of white: blue: maroon with ratio of 88: 4: 8 to derive to the desired color.

Name:  DSC_0025.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  741.4 KB

>>> the back and sides are probably not leather.

The color Micro-54 system with Adhesor-73 > Micro-54 (custom color) > MicroTop-54S (satin) > Protector-B+ works perfectly on simulated leather as well.

>>> Do I need more than the standard cleaning kit? Please advise.

Kit Sa7.cl recommended and for custom matching will require two extra colors from: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...-dsh-54/Detail

Name:  Kit Sa7.cl.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  1.31 MB
    Leather Doctor Kit Sa7.cl – Semi-Aniline Leather Color Refinishing Kit
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet....cl/Categories
    Leather Doctor® Kit Sa7.cl, micro-pigmented leather color refinishing kit is design for a holistic restoration approach to not only the finishes but also rejuvenating the leather for suppleness. Most of these repairs may range from missing finishes to abrading damages into the leather structure. Some expose areas may be contaminated with foreign soiling that includes conditioners, protectors, body oil, grease and sweat or alkaline overexposure from cleaners. A comprehensive repair for a long-term lasting solution will require a holistic approach to deal with both the exposed structure and surface finishes. The practical and functional softness and strength of the leather depends on the health of the structure with average thickness between 0.9 to 1.2mm from stiffness and cracking. The aesthetic aspect of the leather finishes averages 0.02mm (or 20 micron) in thickness for practical compressing and flexing from cracking. A leather-safe restoration system begins by stripping with Stripper-2.3 and rinsing with Rinse-3.0. Degreasing with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Acidifier-2.0. The suffix numbers of these four products denotes it pH value for recharging the protein fiber ionic positive besides the act of decontamination. The leather integrity is revitalizes once the ionic attraction between the positive protein fiber and its negative leather constituents like the tanning agent and fatliquor (fat, oil and water) is initiated. Leather rejuvenating system for softness and strength is accomplishes with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0. Surface uneven absorption is seals with Adhesor-73 to reduce the need for color over-coating thus increase its flexibility and stretchability from premature cracking. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel, reduces noises that translate into less friction wear. As the leather surface is well lubricated it reduces compression when comes to heavy body contact thus reduces compressed creases and wrinkles.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]

Thread Information