Thread: Louis Vuitton - vachetta leather - please help me remove stains from APPLE leather care!

Default Louis Vuitton - vachetta leather - please help me remove stains from APPLE leather care!

Hi,

How can I remove the stains and lighten my vachetta leather on my LV? my handbag is brand new, no sweat or any other chemicals on there except I use the APPLE leather cleaner and conditioner on the vachetta leather. I thought I was protecting it before use, but I did not know it would result in this. please help...thank you very much! also, I don't want to ruin this handbag, so please let me know if the product or procedure you are recommending is safe as I don't want it to worsen. thank you very much for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Stains cause by non-leather-safe cleaners and conditioners need to be neutralized with a low pH specialty cleaner like Vachetta-2.8 to even out the appearance.

Upon inspection with satisfaction the leather is rejuvenated for softness and strength with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 for leather softness and strength from stiffness and cracking.

Follows by Protector-D to impart a non-stick, rub-resistant protection with healing properties to reduce or rectify scuffs.

Kit V3 is the recommended kit; see the Vachetta (V) Leather Problem Solving Guide for other problems.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Name:  Vachetta (V).jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  349.2 KB

Name:  a20791813ffa2fc48a7c05_m.jpg
Views: 1926
Size:  167.4 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit V3 – Vachetta Leather Browning Removal Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit V3, unfinished leather care system is design for corrective appearance of vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers from browning liquid stains. These alkaline pH sensitive leathers when neglected often suffer unsightly browning stain marks from a variety of liquid sources. Even apparent clean rain and tap water often leave a lightening spot with an outer ring. The pH 7 alone of water will often cause a rippling effect on the tannin that destabilize and causes it to moves. Browning correction is perform by using Vachetta-2.8, a pH 2.8 specialty leather cleaner that is particularly effective in emulsifying oily soiling, lightening suntan and water staining effect. A holistic system includes rejuvenating the leather structure for softness with Hydrator-3.3 to relax, follows with Fatliquor-5.0 to soften when dry and protecting with the healing properties of Protector-D thereafter. The lightening effect takes place when the leather dries. When leather is wet and dry again, it will often stiff up, as the fibers becomes stick closer together. Hydrator-3.3 helps separate and open up the inter-fibrillary spaces preconditioning for effective Fatliquor-5.0 replenishing to lubricate for leather flexing smoothness from cracking. Replenishing the leather structure with fat and oil after browning corrective cleaning besides the softening effect also prevents the ingress of liquid stains as a preventive measure. When leather is full of fat and oil, it makes the leather less absorbent. Fat and oil conditioning or rejuvenating with Fatliquor-5.0 mellows and enrich the appearance of the leather while most oil conditioners will simply darkens and dulls the appearance poorly. Protector-D enhances a rub resistant draggy-feel against friction rubs and is use routinely to conceal and fill scuffmarks. Body contact areas should be clean routinely with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0, thereafter applied with non-stick protection and commence for another cycle of use. Darken and prolong body grease and sweat contacts will require a degreasing process with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Acidifier-2.0 in most cases. Preventive cleaning and protection to shield against sticky soiling, with the abilities to heal and conceal lightening scuff and abrasion marks keeps the leather appearance level high at all times rather than relying on corrective or salvage cleaning where the cleaning appearance deteriorates and diminishes with each cycle. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing vegetable, plant and water stains from vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers.

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...-Kit-V3/Detail

Instruction

Browning Stain Removal:
    1. Dry soil removal prior to product application.
    2. Shake well, spray and saturate with horsehair brushing for an even appearance and towel extract until it shows clean.
    3. Option is to use a saturate cotton swab and clean until the cotton swab shows clean or use a terry towel.
    4. Let natural drying and inspect result, repeat as necessary.

Hydrate Stiff Leathers:
    1. Saturate with Hydrator-3.3 to soften and for an even appearance.

Soften Leather:
    1. Saturate with Fatliquor-5.0 and as water contents evaporate, repeat application.

Protect Leather:
    1. Apply Protector-D for an even appearance.

Kit Content and Product Description:

Leather Doctor® Vachetta-2.8 (120ml)
    Vachetta-2.8 is a specialty leather cleaner design especially for unfinished veg-tan leathers popularly known as Vachetta. This is a waterbased pH 2.8 cleaner that is particularly effective in emulsifying oily soiling, lightening suntan and water staining effect. Use in conjunction with Hydrator-3.3, Fatliquor-5.0 and Protector-D in a holistic care system.

Leather Doctor® Hydrator-3.3 (250ml)
    Hydrator-3.3 is a waterbased pH 3.3 leather-safe hydrator. It is a fatliquor preconditioner with multi functional abilities. Surface application is primary to check for even surface tension free of blotchiness prior to fatliquor replenishing. Structural application will require saturating to an optimum level with moisture oozing out when gently pressed between thumb and fingers. The multi functional abilities include: a) to check for surface tension for an even appearance free from blotchiness prior to fatliquor replenishing. b) To plumps, relaxes and separates crushed, shrunk and stick together fibrils for manipulating away-unwanted creases and wrinkles. c) To rectify alkaline overexposure areas by facilitating colloidal water movement to redistribute the leather constituents from surrounding areas. d) To activate the dormant dyestuff within the leather structure for color refreshing. e) To facilitates colloidal water movement within the inter-fibrillary spaces for wicking foreign soiling particulates to resurface. f) To stabilize, pH balance and charge the protein fiber below its iso-electric point (pI) ionic positive to hydrogen bond with the ionic negative fatliquor more effectively. This universal Hydrator-3.3 is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin.

Leather Doctor® Fatliquor-5.0 (250ml)
    Fatliquor-5.0 is a micro emulsion of fat, oil and water is an anionic charged pH 5.0 fatliquor for rejuvenating all leather types. It relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles enhance suppleness and prevent cracking. It softens the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, while enhancing its rip tensile strength greatly. It is for replenishing the original fat and oil that diminishes thru sun-bleaching, ageing, heat and alkaline overexposure or cleaning. On application, the water-encased molecule breaks free when hydrogen bond attraction takes place between the fat and oil with the protein fiber. The excess free water content wicks out leaving a breathing space behind for leather natural transpiration. The fat plumps the leather with fullness from easily collapsing into creases and wrinkles during stress or flex, while the oil lubricates the fibers so that they slide over one another smoothly like millions of inter-connecting hinges. Thus helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing. This universal Fatliquor-5.0 is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin.

Leather Doctor® Protector-D (120ml)
    Protector-D (Draggy Feel-79) is design for Aniline and Nubuck Wax Pull-up, Bicast, Vachetta, Steering Wheel and Leather Flooring. This is a non-film forming, non-stick scentless protector that enhances a natural draggy-feel. It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling. Its natural draggy-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion. It is also use as a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance. The drag produces an unforgettable familiar sound sweet to the ears when leather rubs.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 12-15-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Information