Thread: need to restore a leather shoe top...

Default need to restore a leather shoe top...

all,

I have a pair of natural leather shoes made in spain. Seems I got water on right toe an tried to clean with detergent and water. BIG MISTAKE!! Now these shoes have a vegetable dye and I believe are untreated leather (darkens with age/sunlight).

I was checking out the products, but before ordering I wondered what someone would suggest. I want the top of the shoe on the right to look like the one on the left.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!Name:  IMG_1239.jpg
Views: 2240
Size:  2.60 MB

>>> I have a pair of natural leather shoes made in spain.
    Now these shoes have a vegetable dye and I believe are untreated leather (darkens with age/sunlight).

Information suggests that they are Vachetta or Veg-Tan leathers. Only these leathers will behave just like our skin (darkens with age / sunlight). Thus the Vachetta (V) Leather Problem Solving Guide is used as reference.

Name:  Vachetta (V).jpg
Views: 678
Size:  349.2 KB

>>> Seems I got water on right toe an tried to clean with detergent and water. BIG MISTAKE!!

Tap water has a pH average 7 and detergent are mostly alkaline pH ranges from 7 to 10 that causes from browning to darkening effect. Vachetta or Veg-Tan leathers has a lower iso-electric point than the typical chrome-tanned leathers, pH averages 3 to 3.5. The leather behaves like a litmus paper and reads the alkaline over-exposure that range from browning to darkening. Acidic solutions lightens and alkaline solutions darkens when dries is the general observation especially for unfinished leathers.

>>> I want the top of the shoe on the right to look like the one on the left.

Recommended that you do the same BIG MISTAKE for the “left” as well – making it symmetric before restoring it. Make Sense?

>>> I was checking out the products, but before ordering I wondered what someone would suggest.

Name:  a20791813ffa2fc48a7c05_m.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  167.4 KB
    Leather Doctor® Kit V3, unfinished leather care system is design for corrective appearance of vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers from browning liquid stains. These alkaline pH sensitive leathers when neglected often suffer unsightly browning stain marks from a variety of liquid sources. Even apparent clean rain and tap water often leave a lightening spot with an outer ring. The pH 7 alone of water will often cause a rippling effect on the tannin that destabilize and causes it to moves. Browning correction is performed by using Vachetta-2.8, a pH 2.8 specialty leather cleaner that is particularly effective in emulsifying oily soiling, lightening suntan and water staining effect. A holistic system includes rejuvenating the leather structure for softness with Hydrator-3.3 to relax, follows with Fatliquor-5.0 to soften when dry and protecting with the healing properties of Protector-D thereafter. The lightening effect takes place when the leather dries. When leather is wet and dry again, it will often stiff up, as the fibers becomes stick closer together. Hydrator-3.3 helps separate and open up the inter-fibrillary spaces preconditioning for effective Fatliquor-5.0 replenishing to lubricate for leather flexing smoothness from cracking. Replenishing the leather structure with fat and oil after browning corrective cleaning besides the softening effect also prevents the ingress of liquid stains as a preventive measure. When leather is full of fat and oil, it makes the leather less absorbent. Fat and oil conditioning or rejuvenating with Fatliquor-5.0 mellows and enrich the appearance of the leather while most oil conditioners will simply darkens and dulls the appearance poorly. Protector-D enhances a rub resistant draggy-feel against friction rubs and is use routinely to conceal and fill scuffmarks. Body contact areas should be clean routinely with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0, thereafter applied with non-stick protection and commence for another cycle of use. Darken and prolong body grease and sweat contacts will require a degreasing process with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Acidifier-2.0 in most cases. Preventive cleaning and protection to shield against sticky soiling, with the abilities to heal and conceal lightening scuff and abrasion marks keeps the leather appearance level high at all times rather than relying on corrective or salvage cleaning where the cleaning appearance deteriorates and diminishes with each cycle. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing vegetable, plant and water stains from vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...-Kit-V3/Detail

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 11-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Hi!!!!!!

I read your comment or post !! i am vary impress !!

Preventive cleaning and protection to shield against sticky soiling, with the abilities to heal and conceal lightening scuff and abrasion marks keeps the leather appearance level high at all times rather than relying on corrective or salvage cleaning where the cleaning appearance deteriorates and diminishes with each cycle. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing vegetable, plant and water stains from vachetta, saddlery and veg-tan leathers.

Thread Information