Thread: Water damage to leather seats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Water damage to leather seats

I have a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L v6 coupe. I've never left my window open overnight but of course the one time I leave the window down two inches, it rains. Anyway, it rained overnight and when I got in my car for work I noticed that the passenger seat was all wet. It was not puddles of water, although most of the water could have been soaked into the leather as it had not been raining for an hour or two. The seat was fairly wet and I dried it with a towel and drove to work.

It was a very hot day and I had my windows rolled up. I put my seat back as I figured it would dry faster (yes I know I'm a moron). So the seat sat in the sun drying for hours like this while I was at work. When I came out from work I noticed that several areas on the seat had actually hardened. It appears as though the leather grain on these spots has shrunken and hardened. The leather is very hard and flat. I massaged some leather conditioner by hand, working it into the leather but I've had very little success. Was also advised on a different forum to try baseball glove oil but that showed only slight improvements.

I will include pictures below. Can you tell me what I should use to restore these areas to their former glory? I'm very thankful for any input.

Thanks guys.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information