Thread: How Do I Clean It?

Default How Do I Clean It?

Now I have this leather vest which I LOVE! And it has developed this odd pungent smell to it, I REALLY want the smell of actual leather back in it. What should I use? The leather is not like discoloured or dirty anywhere. It is just that odd smell.

How do I get the smell of leather back into my vest?! T_T
    By the way if it helps its a very soft leather ALMOST like lambskin, but it is a soft type of cow hide

Like to see pictures for a positive leather identification, I am assuming that yours is an aniline leather finish type and is absorbent.

The soft type of cowhide should be from the calf or young cow.

To restore the leather scent back to the leather is by way into the leather structure with Fatliquor-LS.5.5 and onto the surface with Protector-B+.

The old pungent smell you describe may be from body odor a combination of protein and ammonia smell. To get rid of this smell the leather has to be cleaned possibly by removing the oil, grease or sweat with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0.

If the leather is not dirty anywhere you may used d’Odor-4.5 treatment and surface wipe them off prior to leather scent treatment with the leather scented fatliquor and the protector mentioned.

Sounds like you will need this Kit A3.bo to solve your problem holistically

Name:  A3.bo.JPG
Views: 1142
Size:  2.48 MB

Leather Doctor Kit A3.bo – Aniline Leather Deodorizer Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit A3.bo, aniline leather deodorizer kit is designed for body odors contaminated leathers. The unpleasant human or pet odor is removed by stripping with Prep-4.4 follows with Cleaner-3.8 and Rinse-3.0. d’Odor-4.5 treatment continues to dwell until naturally dries. With satisfaction, stiff leather is relaxed and sticks together fiber separated by Hydrator-3.3 prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor LS-5.5 diffuses a classic leather scent besides penetrating and lubricating the leather structure for softness, suppleness and strength when dry. Protector-B+ enhances a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery-feel that shield against sticky soiling with a classic leather scent. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach in decontaminating body odors from aniline leathers.

Roger
    [email protected]

Product information:

Leather Doctor® d’Odor-4.5 is a waterbased pH 4.5 leather-safe deodorizer. It is design for effective deodorizing of unpleasant human or pet body odor when use in conjunction with d’Protein-10 and Acififier-2.0. This universal deodorizer is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin.

Leather Doctor® Fatliquor LS-5.5 is the leather-scented version that imparts a classic leather scent to mask unpleasant odor with softness and strength. It is a pH 5.5 anionic charged emulsion fatliquor for rejuvenating leather of all types. It relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles enhance suppleness and prevent cracking. It softens the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, while enhancing its rip tensile strength greatly. It is for replenishing the original fat and oil that diminishes thru sun-bleaching, ageing, heat and alkaline overexposure or cleaning. When applied the emulsified fat and oil encased water molecule breaks free when hydrogen bond attraction takes place between the fat and oil with the protein fiber, and wicks out leaving a breathing space behind for leather transpiration to function naturally. The fat plumps the leather with fullness from easily collapsing into creases and wrinkles during stress or flex, while the oil lubricates the fibers so that they slide over one another like millions of inter-connecting hinges with smoothness. Thus helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing. It is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin.

Leather Doctor® Protector-B+, a buttery-feel with a classic leather scent is design for pigmented, aniline and nubuck oil pull-up leather types. This is a non-film forming, non-stick, rub-resistant protector that enhances a soft natural tactile feel for imparting a breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling and preventing the too common pesky ballpoint from ever ready rolling out its nasty ink. Moreover, for helping to release those tenacious blue jeans dye-transfer stains obviously on light colored leathers easily. Its natural buttery-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch; scuff and abrasion with reduce friction squeaks.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.

There are many solutions available in market which can help you remove this smell. You can also try cleaning the vest with mild soap and warm water.

Thread Information