Thread: Louis Vuitton - How to rectify vachetta leather scratches to my Louis Vuitton Etoile bag?

Default Louis Vuitton - How to rectify vachetta leather scratches to my Louis Vuitton Etoile bag?

I have a Louis Etoile bag that I purchased less than two months ago from a Louis Vuitton store, and last week I had this incident where the cachetta on my bag was scratched. It is about an inch long by half inch wide, it is more a surface scrap and it is not deep. Since then I have tried Louis Vuitton, other leathr local stores and the internet to see if it can be fixed, but I got nowhere. Until I ran into a forum that talks about your products. So, I need your advice in buying the right product from you to help me fix this issue. If I use a magnifying lens and look at the scratches section and compare it to the rest of the vachetta, I see the rest of the vachetta appears to have some kind of matt finish coat, while the scratch section seems to have lost this coat. The scratch is clean and does not seem to have any dirt.

>>>The scratch is clean and does not seem to have any dirt.
    >>>It is about an inch long by half inch wide, it is more a surface scrap and it is not deep.

Since it is a clean scratch, we can skip the cleaning part and goes directly to repairing it in these steps.

1A] Apply Hydrator-3.3 to relax the surface protrusion for easy setting back and feather out to the entire surface for an even appearance.

1] A smooth underside of a teaspoon is used to lay and smoothen the scratches and leave natural dry.

2] Protector-D+ is applied to the scratches and let the product soak in using a cotton swab.

3] Compress the surface smooth with the underside of a teaspoon.

4] When dry fine sanding with 2000-grit sandpaper (if necessary).

5] Apply the Protector-D+ to the entire panel for an even appearance.

Here is the Vachetta Leather Problem Solving Guide for the solution to the problem.

Leather-Safe Problem Solving Guide (V) – Unfinished Vegetable-Tanned Leathers

Products mention is found in this Kit V2 – Vachetta Care Kit

Leather Doctor® Protector-D+
    This is a non-film forming, non-stick rub-resistant protector that enhances a draggy-feel with a classic leather scent.
    It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling.
    Its natural protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion.
    It is used as a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance.

Leather Doctor® Kit V2 – Vachetta Care Kit
    (The products suffix numbers denotes the pH value of the product in a leather-safe holistic system.)

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information