Thread: Louis Vuitton - Iced Tea Stain on my Louis Vuitton Vachetta Leather. . .

Default Louis Vuitton - Iced Tea Stain on my Louis Vuitton Vachetta Leather. . .

Hi Roger, please see the attached photo that shows the stains from just dripping iced tea on my bag...

... will the degreaser 2.2 then rinse 3.0 work?

Will this also work on water stains?

Also I don't want it to darken it any more than it's already darkened, just wanting it to look even and non-spotty.

Maricris

Iced Tea that cause the stain may derive from the sugar content and the tannin color from the tea.

... will the degreaser 2.2 then rinse 3.0 work?

Since there are probably no grease involved, Degreaser-2.2 may not necessary be used.
    The first cleaning process is done with Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0
    When dry inspect for satisfaction.

If the tannin color remains, the entire surface is treated with d’Tannin-3.5 and let the products dries naturally to work on the stain chemically.

Repeat if necessary to improve the appearance.

Will this also work on water stains?

If the water is clean, that is direct rainwater; it would probably a case of pH difference.
    Depends on location of rainwater typically a bit acidic close to 7.
    Even then it will cause the tannin from the leather to be displaces as rings on a pH close to 3 vachetta leather.
    The ionic difference between 3 and 7 is 10’000 (ten thousand) times and to recharge the spotting will require a pH 3 or 2 to rectify it.
    Hydrating it with a pH of 3.3 into the leather structure helps to redistribute the leather tannin agents and thus equalized the appearance.

Also I don't want it to darken it any more than it's already darkened, just wanting it to look even and non-spotty.

Vachetta leathers when exposed to sunlight will eventually be darkened just like our skin.
    d’Tannin-3.5 reduces the darkening effect from the leather sunlight ageing effect.

Note the products mentioned suffix numbers represent the pH value of the products and the lower the pH the lighter the leather will be.
    When this leather is exposed to alkaline solution it will darkens, always check the pH of solution applied to this pH sensitive leather.
    As mentioned if water darkens and stains the leather, theoretically any product that has a pH higher than 7 will cause a darkening effect.
    That includes our sweaty hands with constant contact.

Vachetta Leather Problem Solving Guide as reference

Leather-Safe Problem Solving Guide (V) – Unfinished Vegetable-Tanned Leathers

Products mentioned is found in this Kit V5.ns – Leather Tannin Remover Kit

Name:  V5.ns.JPG
Views: 1196
Size:  2.42 MB

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 02-21-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Thread Information