Thread: Unknown Stubborn Stain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unknown Stubborn Stain

Hi!

Just found this very useful forum after spending many, many hours trying to get rid of an unwanted and unknown(origin) stain on my car seat. I bought a used recent model BMW and on the back seat there's a stain that is quite an eye sore. I've tried the regular leather cleaning sprays, soap and water etc and nothing seem to work. The leather is very soft so I don'w want to try anything too aggressive.

Please take a look at the attached photo and let me know if anyone has seen this type of stain before and how best to get rid of it!

Thank you in advance!

Name:  carseatstain.JPG
Views: 1268
Size:  824.2 KB

Is the stain on the seat or on the back cushion?

It is most likely a dyes stain.

It could also be a rust stain from partial removed bloodstain, if it is on the seat.

This is the recommended procedure for unknown stain.

Dye stain removal > tannin stain removal > tarnish stain removal.

All dyes will response with Prep-7.7 > Bleach-9.9

All stains that derived from plants and vegetables will response with d’Tannin-3.5

All metallic stains like the iron ions from blood will response with d’Tarnish-1.3

See this problem-solving guide for auto perforated leathers.

Leather-Safe Problem Solving Guide (P.p) – Perforated Leathers

The below is the recommended kit with optional d’Tannin-3.5 and d’Tarnish1.3 as add-on

Kit P7.di (Auto Perforated Leather Dye / Ink Remover Kit)
    Leather Doctor® Kit P7.di is an innovative system developed to remove dye and ink stains from perforated leathers. This novice “reverse-transferring” technique utilizes Prep-7.7 that is squeeze through a paper towel. Prep-7.7 works by penetrating, lubricating and suspending the stains and is continuous wick through the more absorbent paper towel. Residual stains if any is further work by boosting Prep-7.7 with Bleach-9.9. Sticky residue is removed by Cleaner-3.8 follows by Rinse-3.0 and neutralized by Acidifier-2.0. To return the leather to softness, Hydrator-3.3 preconditions it prior to Fatliquor-5.0 replenishing. Micro Top-54M topcoat refinishes is an option and Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery feel. Note that the product suffix number denotes its pH value in a leather-safe stain removal holistic system.

Like to give it a try?

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 02-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Thank you for your reply Roger.

Yes the stain is on the bottom of the seat, sorry I forgot to rotate the photo before posting it. I am definitely interested in buying the kit as per your picture and recommendation. One thing though, I live abroad so will you be OK with shipping them overseas? Please let me know the price or PM me.

Cheers,

Pook

I received the package today and have email you more pictures of the stain and my car. Now since the solution are in concentrated form what is the mixing ratio? Is mineral water OK to mix with the solution or only distilled water?

Very eager to get started so please give me as much instructions as possible.

Pook

Please resend pictures as "attached file".

To fill it up is the right ratio.

Distilled or deionized water preferred.

Difficulties getting them, may get from dehumidifier collection or aircon dripping (no rust contact).

Name:  IMG_4028.JPG
Views: 1176
Size:  87.1 KBName:  IMG_4030.JPG
Views: 923
Size:  87.2 KBName:  IMG_4032.JPG
Views: 908
Size:  73.7 KBName:  IMG_4033.JPG
Views: 931
Size:  73.0 KBName:  IMG_4034.JPG
Views: 975
Size:  128.7 KB

Thread Information