Thread: Liquid stain on Lexus leather interior

Default Liquid stain on Lexus leather interior

Hello. I was on a trip and had my stuff packed in my car and due to change in elevation my facial cleanser (Cetaphil) exploded and I didnt realize it until a few days later. I wiped up the mess and a few days after that I noticed the ring of discoloration. Im not sure what this is since the facial cleanser was clear, no color to it. Someone told me the dye of the leather has been compromised and if I rub too hard I'll take all the color out of the leather so I've just left it alone. Its been bothering me and I'm not sure what I can do. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree that the alcohol content of the facial cleanser has seep through the seam and cause the leather structure dyestuff to bleed away onto the surface.

Any unnecessary rubbing will cause the color to be removed; instead, a safer method is to allow the stains to wick through a paper towel.

This is done with the help of Prep-7.7 as shown in other areas of working with unwanted dyes.

When dyes stains are successfully removed, it is recommended that the topcoat is renew the protection.

We never know if the alcohol have also affected the finish until we try removing the stain.

See examples below, the technique of placing paper towel over the stain and let the Prep-7.7 squeeze through without air space – leave it for a 24 hour inspection and may repeat for another 24 to 48 hours.

#1 Dye Stains

#2 Prep-7.7 Applications

#3 Paper towel is squeeze through the Prep-7.7 without leaving air space

#4 Paper towel is peeled after 24 hours.

Clean the entire seat in this manner:

1] Apply Prep-7.7 over the entire area with the foam brush and leave for 15min to a day and let the product works out the soiling.

2] Sticky residue is removed by Cleaner-3.8.

3] Rinse with Rinse-3.0 until squeaky-clean.

4] Topcoat an option to renew leather finish integrity.

4] Protector-B+ for imparting a non-stick, rub-resistant, buttery-feel with a classic leather scent.

Recommended leather dye stain removal Kit Ap5.di

Leather Doctor® Kit Ap5.di

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thanks this is great info. How do I buy the products?

Please email me, with shipping address and I will prepare you a PayPal invoice.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Why not just make the color, prep and redye the area?

Your suggestion will be the last resort.

The reasons are:

1] A refinishing over a migrating stain has the high possibility for the stain to surface to the top.
    2] Unless a thick covering that may make the covering looks plastiky that spoils the aesthetic.

Ideally is to remove the stain entirely without the need for a color refinishing but only the topcoat.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information