PDA

View Full Version : How to restore my lanvin suede sneakers

Akashmister
05-07-2012, 11:10 AM
My suede sneakers were dirty so i wanted to clean them.
But i didn't know how so is washed it with water.

But the color is darker then before and i've now got the finger-writing effect.And the shoe is stiff and hard.

They used too look like this:

http://www.whatisjameswearing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/james_sneakers1.jpg

Feel free to ask questions.I came here cause i know you guys are on of the best suede leather cleaners

Roger Koh
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
What dirt were you trying to remove?

Pictures #2 & #4, looks like dye stains from blue jeans . . . am I correct?

Color is Darker:
Average pH of tap water is 7.
Average pH of suede is 4.
Cleaning solution with a higher pH value will darkens the suede, while the lower pH will lightens them.
To balance the pH so as to reduce the browning is done with a pH 2.0 acidifier; Acidifier-2.0.

Shoe is Stiff and Hard:
When leather is wet and dry again, by the law of nature it will become stiff and hard.
As the water wicks out of the leather fibers, the fiber becomes stick closer to one another; the tighter the stiffer or harder.
Fatliquor replenishing the leather while damp prevents the fibers to become stick together in the drying process with suppleness.

Recommendation:
1] Blue Jean Dye Stain Removal – Use Prep-4.4 according to instructions; with help of suede Brush-3 and suede Eraser-5.

2] When the stains are gone – Use Cleaner-3.8 to remove the sticky residue follows with Rinse-3.0.

3] Leave dry and inspect for satisfaction; proceed to Leather Rejuvenating.

The above steps take care of “dirt” removal.

Leather rejuvenating for suppleness with softness and strength is done as follows:

4] Hydrate with Hydrator-3.3 for an even surface appearance with moisture plumpness prior to fatliquor it.

5] Fatliquor replenish for an even absorption till saturation.

Let natural dry.

6] Dry soil removal and nap setting with the help of suede Brush-3 and or Eraser-4; for a finger writing effect.

The recommended suede kit is Kit S3

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/S3.jpg
Leather Doctor® Suede Leather Care Kit S3

Roger Koh
[email protected]

Akashmister
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
What dirt were you trying to remove?

Pictures #2 & #4, looks like dye stains from blue jeans . . . am I correct?

Color is Darker:
Average pH of tap water is 7.
Average pH of suede is 4.
Cleaning solution with a higher pH value will darkens the suede, while the lower pH will lightens them.
To balance the pH so as to reduce the browning is done with a pH 2.0 acidifier; Acidifier-2.0.

Shoe is Stiff and Hard:
When leather is wet and dry again, by the law of nature it will become stiff and hard.
As the water wicks out of the leather fibers, the fiber becomes stick closer to one another; the tighter the stiffer or harder.
Fatliquor replenishing the leather while damp prevents the fibers to become stick together in the drying process with suppleness.

Recommendation:
1] Blue Jean Dye Stain Removal – Use Prep-4.4 according to instructions; with help of suede Brush-3 and suede Eraser-5.

2] When the stains are gone – Use Cleaner-3.8 to remove the sticky residue follows with Rinse-3.0.

3] Leave dry and inspect for satisfaction; proceed to Leather Rejuvenating.

The above steps take care of “dirt” removal.

Leather rejuvenating for suppleness with softness and strength is done as follows:

4] Hydrate with Hydrator-3.3 for an even surface appearance with moisture plumpness prior to fatliquor it.

5] Fatliquor replenish for an even absorption till saturation.

Let natural dry.

6] Dry soil removal and nap setting with the help of suede Brush-3 and or Eraser-4; for a finger writing effect.

The recommended suede kit is Kit S3

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/S3.jpg
Leather Doctor® Suede Leather Care Kit S3

Roger Koh
[email protected]

I have a question how much does it costs to buy the suede clean kit and the Acidifier-2.0.
And where can i order them.

Thank you very much for your help

Akashmister
05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
You can e-mail the prices to me if you want

Roger Koh
05-09-2012, 07:19 PM
With the Acidifier-2.0 would be Kit S.ts

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/S3ts.jpg
Leather Doctor® Suede Leather Tackiness Removal Kit S3.ts