PDA

View Full Version : Aniline Wax Pull-up - How to Care and Condition this Aniline Wax Pull-Up Upholstery?

Roger Koh
08-30-2010, 10:48 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-Up5.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-Up6.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-Up2.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-Up4.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-Up3.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Steve-Pull-up1.jpg

Roger Koh
08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
This is the recommended Leather Care Kit - Aniline Wax Pull-Up AW250.pdet
Would you like to know why?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/AW250pdet-AnilineWaxPull-UpLeatherCareKit.jpg

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

Z06
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes and what would the recommended procedure be?

Roger Koh
08-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Leather Care Kit - Aniline Wax Pull-Up AW250.pde

This is the premium kit for Aniline Wax Pull-up leathers.

Prep-4.4 is for restorative cleaning including dye-transfer and ballpoint ink.
Degreaser-2.2 is for Degreasing body oils.
Cleaner-3.8 is for general cleaning and follows after Prep-4.4.
Rinse-3.0 is an acidifying rinse follows after Cleaner-3.8.
So the above 4 products is for Cleaning purposes.

The following are conditioners used as a system in the following sequence:
Hydrator-3.3 is used after Rinse-3.0 to hydrate to relax stiffness and reduce creases; moves structure soiling particulates to the surface during the wicking process; enhance the leather color saturation when dry.
Fatliquor-5.0 the primary leather structure conditioner is used after Hydrator-3.3 to replenish original fatliquor for softness, strength and suppleness.
Wax Effect-8.6 the secondary leather fashion conditioner is used to replenish the original wax effect; when pull or stretch lightens up and provides extra water resistance to the leather; leather could be wet on the surface but dry from the suede side; repairs surface stretch or scuff as it deposit a film of wax to be activated by heat to give its aesthetic characteristic.
Leather Scent-D is a non-stick, rub-resistant surface conditioner that gives a draggy-feel with a natural classic leather scent that charms.

Topcoat Aniline-79G (gloss) is the topcoat that matches most aniline wax pull-ups; it is applied to restore topcoat damages like scuff or abrasion like the last 2 pictures above.

The usages for the tools are:

Leather Eraser-4 is used to erased dried wick-up particulates after Degreaser-2.2 or used in the Prep-4.4 cleaning system with Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0 where topcoating is desired.
Leather Brush-1 is a detailing horsehair brush that is handy to go to tight corners, seams and general agitating safely.
3” foam brush is for general application of products.
Towel is for extraction and application of topcoat.

Here are the product descriptions:

Leather Doctor® Prep-4.4:
It's for Aniline, Vachetta, Nubuck, Suede and all Absorbent leather types.
This is the leather-safe milder version of Prep-7.7 with a pH value of 4.4.
For its high viscosity; it is designed to be painted on neatly; with a foam brush onto the leather.
It works by allowing sufficient dwell-time; to penetrate, lubricate and suspense foreign soil contamination; prior to extraction with towel.
It’s is used to strip foreign soil contamination prior to refinishing.
Also as stains remover for:
Grease based ink stains like ballpoint ink.
Water based ink stains like stamp pad ink.
Dye transfer stains like blue jeans, ink prints and newsprints.
Note:
There may be instances where the stain may seem not to response; not realizing that as it is suspended; it’s being reabsorbed by the porous leather structure.
This phenomenal will require the work of Hydrator-3.3 to disperse or wick up during the drying process.
To remove solvent based ink stains like Permanent Marker use Degreaser-2.2 as the first step.
The types of ink stain will determine whether it is easy or difficult to remove from especially absorbent leathers.
In most of these penetrated stain removal; the topcoat is removed in the process and need to be replaced; with matching topcoats.
Except nubuck and suede which has no topcoat to deal with.
Permanent markers are probably the most difficult to remove as it may contain the insoluble micro-pigment with sticky resin that adds to its permanency.
It’s unlike the easier to remove ballpoint-ink with only soluble grease and ink.
And it is easier to remove recent ink stains that are not completely dried out too.
Note:
1] Degrease penetrated oil and grease stains – use Degreaser-2.2.
2] To reduce absorbency wet out leathers with Cleaner-3.8 prior to application.

Leather Doctor® Degreaser-2.2:
It's for all Pigmented, Aniline, Vachetta, Nubuck and Suede leather types.
This is a pH 2.2 high viscosity aqueous formulated leather degreaser.
It’s primarily for degreasing leather of penetrated oil and grease stains from skin and hair contact.
Also assist in removing solvent based stains like permanent marker, paint and nail-polish.
Oil and grease based stains like: crayon, wax, ballpoint ink and lipstick.
Dye-transfer stains from blue jeans, ink prints and newsprints.
Inspection:
Assess the severity of the penetrated grease or oil problem by checking if it’s through the reverse side.
When oil or grease shows through, it is more effective to remove from the reverse suede side.
Depending on depth of penetration; and thickness of the leather structure; several attempts may be necessary as each wicking process brings out the suspended soil particulates to the surface.
It’s to be extracted with towel while damp and to be erased off when crispy dry.

Leather Doctor® Cleaner-3.8:
It's for all Pigmented, Aniline, Nubuck and Suede leather types.
This is a pH 3.8 all purpose leather-safe anionic cleaner that is particularly effective in emulsifying oily soils and in suspending particulates.
It cleans by penetrating, lubricating and suspending soiling safely and effectively through gentle chemical reaction.
With its leather-safe pH value, it works in perfect harmony with all leather constituents that include the tanning agent, preservative, dyestuff and especially the fatliquor.

Leather Doctor® Rinse-3.0:
It's for all Pigmented, Aniline, Nubuck and Suede leather types.
This is a pH 3.0 aqueous leather-safe rinse to neutralize harmful alkaline and perspiration residues.
It’s for stabilizing and strengthening leather constituent pH chemistry integrity.
And cationizing (+ve) protein fiber below its isoelectric point to increase hydrogen bonding prior to anionic (-ve) Fatliquor-5.0

Leather Doctor® Hydrator-3.3:
It’s for Pigmented, Aniline, Nubuck, Suede, Hair-on and Woolskin leather types.
This is a pH 3.3 aqueous leather-safe hydrator.
It’s for hydrating dried, stiffed or shrunk leathers (to separates the crushed, stick together fibrils and relax them) prior to strengthening and softening with Fatliquor-5.0.
And it’s also used for facilitating colloidal water movement within the leather structure capillary motion during the wicking process.
That will cause suspended soil particulates to be moved to the leather surface to be extracted with rag while damp and erase with Leather Eraser-4 when dry.

Leather Doctor®Fatliquor-5.0:
It’s for Pigmented, Aniline, Vachetta, Nubuck, Suede, Hair-on and Woolskin leather types.
This is a pH 5.0 anionic charged micro emulsion fatliquor leather rejuvenator.
It’s for replenishing original fatliquor that diminishes thru sun-bleaching, ageing, heat and alkaline exposure or cleaning.
It penetrates and lubricates the leather fibers so that after drying they will be capable of sliding over one another smoothly.
Besides softening the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, fatliquor enhances its rip tensile strength greatly.
Thus relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles to provide drapes, suppleness and prevents cracking.
It helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing.

Leather Doctor® Wax Effect-8.6:
It’s for Aniline and Nubuck wax pull-up leather types.
This is a pH 8.6 aqueous emulsion wax effect leather rejuvenator.
It’s to rejuvenate wax pull-up effect diminished through usage, ageing or cleaning.

Leather Doctor® Leather Scent-D:
It’s for Aniline and Nubuck Wax Pull-up leathers, Bicast, Vachetta and Leather Flooring.
This is a non-film forming, non-stick protector that enhances a draggy-feel with a classic leather scent that charms.
It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling including the nasty ballpoint ink.
And it does help to release those tenacious dye-transfer stains especially on light colored leathers easily without resorting to unnecessary color refinishing.
Its natural draggy-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion.
It is also used as a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance.
The drag produces an unforgettable familiar sound sweet to the ears when leather rubs

Leather Doctor® Topcoat Aniline-79G
It’s a gloss finish for upholstery Aniline leathers.
This is an aqueous fine particular size urethane resin emulsion topcoat.
To protect aniline dyestuff with excellent toughness and flexibility.

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

Z06
09-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the great write up Roger. My goal would be to get the furniture to look new again and have a nice feel to it. Im sure there are many variables, but how many applications do you think the kit would provide? Do you think it would be enough for both the couch and the chair? To accomplish my goals do you think I need the entire kit? Lastly how do I go about purchasing?

Thanks, Steve

Roger Koh
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
The variables would depends on how dry the leather is, how thick the leather; as these are absorbent leathers; how many application can be calculated by the surface areas of the leather you want to treat them; and it would be more accurate to just do on one cushion and take it from there.

I do not think that that this kit would be enough for the couch and the chair.
The chair cushion; seat is over-stretch; and the back cushion is dry that developed coarse breaks (creases) – requires lots of Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0.

Yes! You need the all the other products except Degreaser-2.2 if there are no obvious head or hand grease (see the product description if it fits your desired accomplishment).

You can pick just the desire individual product to suite your immediate needs – to have a nice feel to it – I would just use one product – the Leather Scent-D and forget all the rest until such time…where you think you want to rejuvenate the leather than you choose the primary is more important or the secondary is more important; then just use that particular product or system to accomplish just that specific task. Or you may just like to touch-up the scratches in the 5th and 6th pictures – just use Topcoat Aniline-79G with a cotton swab to accomplish the desired needs.

I will send you the price list and you can look it over.

I am here to help, you are not obligated to purchase at all.

You can try other world famous system like Leather Master and Fenice that have the primary and secondary pull-up effect that your leather requires.

Your leather types require double structure rejuvenation, the primary and the secondary to maintain the original characteristic.

And if you need advice on the other system, I will be here to help you out too.

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®