PDA

View Full Version : cleaning car seats.

kuziwk
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
ok so i hope the picture will help make sense of this, there seems to be a much lighter of color on my seats were were so disgusting in front i had to use VIM bathroom cleaner to clean them. They turned out a darker color of tan with the blotchy white. I used regular leather cleaner on my back seats which were not that bad, it got them nice and clean with a brush but, they are the light creamy color, looking behind the back flip down armrest there is what looks to be the original color so is it possible the VIM bathroom cleaner took it down to the original color and these seats were painted or dyed?

The edge center of the seat is the original color i was talking about that i cleaned with a harsher cleaner, the tan shade is also the same as found in untouched leather parts such as behind the back armrest or in the seams, and the rest is a white residue/lighter color, looks like paint or dye or something, doesnt really match the rest of the car. Can i fix the seats with leather dye?

Roger Koh
07-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes you can fix the color by color refinishing.

The leather has to be properly “wet prep”; with all foreign residues to be rinse off and a “dry prep” with fine sandpaper.

An adhesion coat is first applied to ensure that the finish would not peel.

For refinishing a micro-pigment would produce a better feel with a matching micro-pigment topcoat.

And a non-stick, rub-resistant protection is recommended to reduce the wear of the finish.

Tools required for color application is a compressor with airbrush.

Products you may require are as follows:

Wet Prep:
1] Prep-7.7
2] Cleaner-3.8
3] Rinse-3.0

Refinishing System:
1] Adhesor-73
2] Thickener-48
3] Pigment Micro-54
4] Topcoat Micro-72S
5] Leather Scent-B

You can find the product description and instruction in this thread:

http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360

When you have all the necessary tools and products ready; we can go into further details on how best to accomplish this project of yours.

Roger Koh
[email protected]

divers
09-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Roger is right. You can fix the discoloration of your seats leather. I would also like to thank Roger for sharing those nice products.

SANY_DE_1
12-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Thanx roger, for sharing diz...... :)