PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Micro/Semi-Aniline) - Can this semi aniline be cleaned?

chet
12-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Roger, Do you think this semi aniline chair can be cleaned, or will it need color repair? It might be protected leather, however I've never seen protected leather absorbe that much oil with out cracking or effecting the finish.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/Chet50/11-24-08039.jpg

Roger Koh
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
If the oil and grease stain had hydrolyzed and oxidized it might affect the color (yellowish) or weaken the finish.
And the pH of the sweat might also destabilized the color strength (turns lighter when the dark grease and oil are removed).
The weaken color finish may be partially removed during the stain removal process.
Unless this stain is less than 2 years there might be a chance that the color is still good.
It is prudent to give a fresh top coat to reduce recurrence problem with semiTop57M™.

My recommendation is as follows:

A: Stains Removal.
Step 1: To remove grease and oil - use d’Ink7.7™.

B: Restoration Cleaning.
Step 2: To remove heavy soiling - use d’Grease4.9™.

C: General Cleaning.
Step 3: To remove sticky soiling of above step 1 & 2 - use clean3.8™.

D: Acidifying Rinse.
Step 4: To acidify rinse until towel show clean to a squeaky clean - use rinse3.0™.

E: Check Alkaline Exposure.
Step 5: To check for tackiness or sliminess - rub with fingers during rinse3.0™.
When tackiness or sliminess prevail - use acidifier2.0™ and again check until it squeaks (a sign of healthy finish).

F: Hydrate Leather Structure.
Step 6: To hydrate leather structure - use relaxer3.3™.

G: Leather Structure Softening & Strengthening
Step 7: To replenish diminished original fatliquor - use fatliquor5.0™.

H: Optional Refinishing.
Step 8: To ensure adhesion especially on the stain area - use adhesion73™.
Step 9: To refinish original semi-aniline - use semiColor74™.
Step 10: To protect color coat - use semiTop57M™ (matte).

I: Surface Conditioning.
Step 11: To impart a non-stick buttery feel surface with the classical leather scent - use leatherScent’B™.

Post your question, if you have.

Roger Koh
Leather DoctorŽ System