PDA

View Full Version : Removed darkening but caused cracking

Lillybear
08-31-2018, 03:53 PM
I am running into a common issue now in handles of Louis Vuitton bags. I’m irder for p get the darkening on the handles lighter, I am using the degreaser and then the Vachetta 1.2. Using these 2 products helps to remove most staining that causes darkening. Unfortunately, it’s creatibg the issue drying and cracked handles instead.
I always start out with Hydrator - Fat Loquir - Hydrator. After this wet process I let the Vachetta dry to see how it looks. When the handles show too much darkening., Usually a combo of hand oil and browning ( suntanning), I first use the degreaser and then the Vachetta 1.2, Followed by Hydrator - Fat Liquor- Hydrator. It lightens the color of the Vachetta but seems to cause cracking. Please help to clarify what I’m doing wrong, and now that I’ve created the new cracking problem, please help me fix it. Thank you, Gwen

Roger Koh
09-04-2018, 12:25 PM
>>> I always start out with Hydrator-3.3 > FatLoquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3. After this wet process I let the Vachetta dry to see how it looks.

Without sufficient fatliquor (fat and oil moisture content to average 14%) replenishing, the leather is prone to cracking.

You can test this out to see the difference, it would not crack if the leather fatliquor content is high after replenishing.

To reduce potential cracking, massage from almost dry to dry helps.

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]