PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in car seats

Fswear
07-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Hello,
I have repaired car seats with cracks in the leather. I fill the cracks in with a filler product and recolor. The cracks are not just hairline. I have attached pictures of the cracks that returned after the initial repair. Frequently the cracks return so I have started turning the repairs down and started replacing the damaged leather panel by sewing in a new piece of leather and coloring to match. Can your products hold up to these type crack repairs? Would you provide products and procedures for this type repair please.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Frank79277928

Roger Koh
07-07-2017, 10:46 AM
>>> I have repaired car seats with cracks in the leather. I fill the cracks in with a filler product and recolor. The cracks are not just hairline. I have attached pictures of the cracks that returned after the initial repair. Frequently the cracks return so I have started turning the repairs down

When leather cracks, it means that it is too dry and any repairs will soon fail as the leather crust or structure is not rejuvenated or supple-up in the first place. Secondly, the finishes has poor flexibility or softness. Thirdly, a thick coating will fail sooner then a thin coating.

>>> Can your products hold up to these type crack repairs? Would you provide products and procedures for this type repair please?

See this example - you only repair once for the next cycle of use . . .
http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com/forum/showthread.php?11821-1967-300SEL-Mercedes-Cleaning-Softening-Repairing-and-Refinishig-old-Mercedes-leather-seats

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]