PDA

View Full Version : 2012 F350 King Ranch

Questions!
04-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Hello,

When I purchased my truck the seat were in bad shape. I've tried other products to rehydrate them but have seen few results. I ended up replacing the front driver seat cover. Does the kit come with everything I need to refinish all the seats? Everything from cleaner to sandpaper to top clear? Just wanted to make sure the products were quality products not made in china. Cause $365.00 is a chunk of change.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Roger Koh
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
>>> Here are some pics from my seats. What do you recommend? I looked at the forum I couldn't find any threads on 08-14 King Ranch leather.

Since King Ranch leathers are saddle leathers, they are vegetable-tanned (the perforated holes reveal the evident of vegetable-tanned browning or possible aniline dyestuff is also used to match the intended color range. Picture #2 shows fingernails scratches that are typical of aniline clear topcoat. Picture #4 shows leather dryness of its original fatliquor (fat and oil) moisture content and appears like mud cracking and fading. It is quite possible that when hydrated with Hydrator-3.3 the excess dyestuff from within the leather structure may resurface, thus refreshing the color saturation or intensity without any needs of fresh dyestuff (decision could be made after the leather rejuvenating process Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system. Further readings from Hydrator-3.3 http://www.leatherdoctor.com/hydrator-3-3/
And Fatliquor-5.0 http://www.leatherdoctor.com/fatliquor-5-0/

Here is the recommend sequence of process:

1- Restorative Cleaning:
Purpose is to remove surface soiling including color transfer from blue jeans and paper print, etc.
Use Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system.

2- Degreasing:
Purpose is to remove body oil, grease and sweat preparing for topcoat refinishing, color is an option.
Use Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

3- Hydrating:
Purpose is to bring out dyestuff from the leather structure to enrich or increase the color saturation affected by sun fading. This process when done effectively saves the need to apply fresh new color.
Use Hydrator-3.3 in control evaporation and have a long dwell up to 72hrs with full saturation of the leather structure.

4- Fatliquoring:
Purpose is to replenish diminishes fatliquor through evaporation and topping it up to 15% fat and oil moisture level to regain leather suppleness.
Use Fatliquor-5.0, when Hydrating regains color saturation or richness to satisfaction, the wet leather is wipe with cotton terry towel until towel shows dry and fatliquoring begins, with each cycle of water content evaporation more fatliquor is applied until the last application shows fatliquor pooling on its surface. Before the leather is fully dry or 25% combine moisture level, throw a towel and drive until it dries (that is practical massaging the leather from 75% dry to 100% dry).

5- Dry Preparation:
Purpose is to remove aged topcoating with fine sanding from 1000 to 2000 grit to prepare the surface for topcoating.

6- Top Coating:
Purpose is to re-magnify or re-amplify the color leather crust and seal it.
Use AnilineTop-86G (gloss) to bring out the freshness of the color, luster of choice is adjusted with AnilineTop-86S (satin) to reduce or camouflage some imperfection. Do this application as a test to see result to satisfaction, otherwise skip this process and come back after Aniline-86 matching color.
Also keep in mind that if the stitching is to remain the same color, just top coating suffice in my opinion.

7- Aniline Transparent Color Coating:
When a fresh new color is required as necessary a transparent aniline dyestuff will bring up the beauty of the leather grain.
Use matching Aniline-86 then follows up with AnilineTop-86G to seal it and AnilineTop-86S to adjust its luster.

8- Protection:
Purpose of this protection is to reduce wear to the finishes. Besides it imparts a buttery feel that makes it easy to slide in and out of seats.
Use Protector-B or if leather-scent is desired go for Protector-B+.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]