PDA

View Full Version : the bottom panel of LV backpack tear open apart! after hydrator and fattiliqour

spoiledmm
03-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Hi roger,

So I am working with another LV BACKPACK.
and the leather looks very brittle and cracking and dry so I started by using hydrator 3.3 and leave on for 15 mins and spray fattiliqour and leave it on for 15-20 minute
but when i check back and the whole panel of the bag come apart by itself! as seen in the photo.
I know that this bag is in horrible condition to begin with.I was try to rejuvenate the leather first before cleaning it. but did I do something wrong to cause it to tear? by spraying the hydrator and fattiliquor on it?

and is that anywat to fix this?

Roger Koh
03-06-2017, 12:06 PM
>>> and is that anyway to fix this?

Yes! After fixing with Bond-3D and Patch-4S - the repair will be stronger then the surrounding areas - just like the healing of our skin, becomes tougher and darker in appearance. Option is to camouflage with color pigment Micro-54 and stimulate back the appearance with Aniline-76 to match the entire panel with other trims - or a complete color restoration to the entire bag to look all the same.

>>> but did I do something wrong to cause it to tear?

Without sufficient blood a person will die young or old - remember that fatliquor (Fatliquor-5.0) is the lifeblood of leather and will need the fat and oil content moisture level of about 15% for vachetta leather - much more fatliquor thirsty then other leathers. I do not think so, just like an elderly person would simply die during an operation, nothing wrong with the operation - that is why elderly are discourage not to go for major operations.

A simple repair with the right product and procedure will safe this bag for many years of useful life.
We can discuss in more details if you like to take this route.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]