PDA

View Full Version : Need repair help on aniline ottoman

Hugabone
06-04-2016, 06:56 AM
This is my third project I will be working on. I picked up this Pottery Barn ottoman. These needs repair. They had a iron candle holder sitting on it for maybe some years and it stretched and put an indentation in a couple of spots. Their is also a hole and some wrinkles. I was thinking about just getting a hide and just reupholster it because of the small size but wonder what do I need to repair and restore it. The third picture what they had sitting on top of it. I just need know what else I need to order with my other two projects. The good thing is no two panels look the same so a repair with a different shade color should work well.

Roger Koh
06-05-2016, 07:21 AM
>>> They had a iron candle holder sitting on it for maybe some years and it stretched and put an indentation in a couple of spots.

Indentation or dents are repairs by Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 and when completely dry is gently heat-treated with an iron over a paper.

>>> There is also a hole and some wrinkles, what do I need to repair and restore it.

Picture shows cracking rather then wrinkles and the holes could possibly started as a split that when further dry shrunk that result in a gap. Closing up the gap is with Hydrator-3.3 treatment and may take up to 72hours and before the entire water contents evaporates it need to be replace with Fatliquor-5.0 (ionic negative (-ve) charged fat and oil) to take its place. The fat contents plumps up the leather structure with fullness and the oil lubricate the leather structure with suppleness. An average of 14% fat and oil contents when kept at this level periodically will prevents leather stiffness that leads to cracks. The eventually close-up gap is repairs with a leather patch “Patch-4S” suede side to suede side and leather Bond-3D in between. The Bond-3D becomes part of leather homogenously.