PDA

View Full Version : Chanel lambskin tote, with inside damage, outside if good , only minimal couple scratches

cyberclick
04-06-2016, 07:26 PM
just wondering about replacing a zipper, there is also a hole in the lining, I will try and fix, outside bag seems good, only one area has a couple scratches, would i use the bond to fix holes, and there is an odor . Should I put bag in a plastic bag for a couple days with a box of baking soda?6308

Roger Koh
04-07-2016, 07:18 PM
>>> would i use the bond to fix holes,

Use Bond-3D

>>> and there is an odor.

Can you describe the odor for a positive identification – musty, pungent, ammonic?
Is the odor from the inside or outside?

Roger Koh
04-08-2016, 04:20 PM
>>> the odor is musty and pungent coming from inside more,

Musty odor is the result of mold infestation and pungent from bacteria activities that is off gassing.

A holistic approach would be by KillMold-3.6 for the musty odor and KillBacteria-3.7 for the pungent bacteria activities.

Preparation cleaning is done with CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0 system and both the KillMold-3.6 and KillBacterial-3.7 are applied one after another prior to leather rejuvenating it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Products mentioned are found in these kits:

Leather Mold Odor Killer Kit-A3.mk
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a3-mk-aniline-leather-mold-odor-killer-kit/

Leather Bacteria Odor Killer Kit-A3.bk
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a3-bk-leather-bacteria-odor-killer-kit/

Roger Koh
04-08-2016, 04:28 PM
>>> I put a box of baking soda in the bag today and tied in a plastic bag, i think this might help?

Tips:
Any spills that turns into liquid would denatures the leather or reverting the leather to raw hide.
Safer to put away baking soda from leather as the protein leather fibers are "amphoteric" and pH sensitive to alkalinity.
The pH neutral of leather averages 4 and pH of baking soda 8.4 with a pH imbalance of more than 10'000 times in ionic strength.

Roger Koh
04-09-2016, 08:06 AM
>>> I did fix the large hole in the lining best I could today

How did you do it or method used - stitching, bonding, gluing or heat-tape?

Roger Koh
04-15-2016, 10:37 AM
I think the iron-on-patch or by heat tape is the simplest way to go!