PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Two-Tone) - Southwood – UV faded, dry and cracked: restoration for ‘Leslie’

chet
06-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Uv faded, dry and cracked.

Roger Koh
06-19-2015, 12:24 PM
By appearance it looks "aniline" in gloss luster finish.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor

Roger Koh
06-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Sample received is semi-aniline with a two-tone finish.
Please check unused areas to see secondary darkening effect more prominent to the grooves.
Order place is for Micro-54 and Aniline-76 is OK if the desired result is for ‘Full’ or monotone aniline finish.
Original looks Aniline-Savage or Antique finish and achieved by Micro-54 > Antique-27 system.
Let me know your option of restoration system.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor

chet
10-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Need to prep clean today should we use 4.4 or 2.2? Explain how it should be applied.

Then I was going to cover it with plastic overnight.

Roger Koh
10-22-2015, 07:59 PM
>>> Need to prep clean today should we use 4.4 or 2.2?

Pictures show no sign of body oil, grease and sweat, use Prep-4.4.

>>> Explain how it should be applied.

Use foam or bristle brush and applied to the entire surface and leave overnight to let the product effectively works on the soiling.

>>> Then I was going to cover it with plastic overnight.
No need to cover with plastic when using Prep-4.4 (no special areas to attend to, or is there?)
Do the plastic covering for the faded area with Hydrator-3.3, it bring back the color better.

chet
10-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Roger, We are training two new leather technicians. Can you explain the steps in their proper order, products needed, technique and the what the function of the product is, to completely restore this sofa and chair. If you have it in another post that we can refer to that will be ok too.

chet
10-28-2015, 12:31 PM
just realized I did order Antique 27 but i will need to dillute it with clear can I use Aniline76 Clear?

Roger Koh
10-30-2015, 10:08 AM
>>> just realized I did order Antique 27 but i will need to dillute it with clear can I use Aniline-76 Clear?

Yes! you can.