PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Full Mono-Tone) - Faded and scratched ottoman for: "Shifman"

chet
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Roger, We started prep cleaning this ottoman. It doesn't match any other leather. And we have some Aniline 21 and Aniline76 that matches from another job.

1- Before

2- close up of scratches

3- another close up

We cleaned and rinsed. We then hydrated and lightly sanded with 2000 grit on the top only then covered overnight, it looked uniformly wet.

chet
03-12-2015, 02:17 PM
4- This is how it looked today, I'm worried about the ring

5- So I hydrated and used razor to remove topcoat

6- So again it now looks uniformly wet, so I carefully covered with plastic.

Is there anything else we should do to get rid of the ring?

If the top looks uniform tomorrow, we are going to fatliquor it and cover it up overnight.

After it air dries overnight we will try Aniline21 and see how that goes.
After drying we will Use adhesor then follow up with Aniline76

Roger Koh
03-12-2015, 05:11 PM
>>> 1 – Before

Comment:
Picture shows a typical dog scratches damages.
And lightening color is the lost of matching topcoat or equivalent AnilineTop-21G/S gloss or satin.

>>> 2- close up of scratches
3- another close up
We cleaned and rinsed.
We then hydrated and lightly sanded with 2000 grit on the top only then covered overnight, it looked uniformly wet.

Comment:
What do you used for this preparatory-cleaning-process?
When topcoat refinishing is the ultimate necessity in this restoring process for absorbent leathers – Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system is recommended.

>>> 4- This is how it looked today, I'm worried about the ring

Comment:
No worries about rings when soiling condition is light and no obvious penetrated soiling.

>>> 5- So I hydrated and used razor to remove topcoat

Comment:
Correct, ensure that it has an even appearance preparation for matching AnilineTop-21/76.

>>> 6- So again it now looks uniformly wet, so I carefully covered with plastic.

Comment:
Ensure no airspace, plastic should be skin tight and smooth out, otherwise you may have streaks design from airspace.

>>> Is there anything else we should do to get rid of the ring?

Comment:
No worries about rings but worry about unwanted designs created by uneven capillary action from airspace.

>>> If the top looks uniform tomorrow, we are going to fatliquor it and cover it up overnight.

Comment:
Fatliquor-5.0 will intensify the color from the scratches thus two folds besides keeping the leather supple.

>>> After it air dries overnight we will try Aniline21 and see how that goes.

Comment:
Aniline-21 not recommended for this project.

>>> After drying we will use Adhesor-73 then follow up with Aniline-76

Comment:
Adhesor-73 may bring color back-up but may not be drastic from light to medium colors.
Aniline-76 may not be necessary after a test out with AnilneTop-21/76.
If the color is not up to expectation it is not too late to apply Aniline-76 > AnilineTop-21/76.

chet
03-16-2015, 10:31 AM
Fig A After clean, rinse, hydrate and fatliquor

Fig B Close up of welting

We plan on using adhesor after it thoroughly dries form the hydration process.

chet
03-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Fig C Previous picture had flash on

Fig D welt without flash

Roger Koh
03-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Further working to remove existing finishes to a more even surface will produce a more even appearance.

Do a little testing with topcoat alone AnilineTop-76G to see result.

Aniline-76 matching dyestuff may be an option.