PDA

View Full Version : Shearling – B3 Sheepskin Bomber Flight Jacket – Restore Black Color.

Questions!
02-17-2015, 10:15 AM
If I want to restore black color to a b-3 sheepskin bomber jacket, how much pigment would I need to buy? 250 ml? Thanks.

Front view of the jacket.
Ideally I'd like a little bit of a nappa finish but if leaving it sueded is better.
I'd just like to even out the color.
It looks almost chocolate brown rather than black on the arms.
I just had it cleaned two weeks ago.

Here's a picture of the arm, which shows the faded color

Here's a picture of the back of the neck, which presumably never got much use.

Here's a close up. Don't know if that helps...

Here's a picture of the back of the jacket

Roger Koh
02-21-2015, 10:47 AM
>>> Ideally I'd like a little bit of a nappa finish but if leaving it sueded is better.
I'd just like to even out the color.
It looks almost chocolate brown rather than black on the arms.
I just had it cleaned two weeks ago.

Wet Preparation (optional as you have just clean them – but check for soiling with Eraser-5 or Brush-3)
Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 and/or Acidifier-2.0 for pH balancing the pH chemistry integrity of the suede.

Dry Preparation:
Suede Eraser-5 for exfoliating or removed deteriorated for extra bonding.
Suede Brush-3 for setting the nap to a “finger writing effect”.

Leather Rejuvenation:
Leather rejuvenation is to restore the suppleness of the suede with softness and tensile strength.
Hydrator-3.3 is used to work out uneven tension and all unnatural creases and wrinkles for a smart appearance.
Fatliquor-5.0 replenishing up to 14% fatliquor content level when dry will give the softest “hand” or texture softness.

Suede Dyeing System:
The suede equivalent would be by Suede-39 with DyeFix-99 system and finished with Protector-W+ or W.

Here is an example of dyeing Nubuck black using a new formula Nubuck-39 with DyeFix-99 system.
The final result when dry is tested for crocking or dry rubbing off with a white dry cloth.

#1 Dyeing in progress

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant