PDA

View Full Version : Suede Shearling Cleaning and Conditioning – suede structure for suppleness and naps for a finger writing effect!

Questions!
01-28-2015, 03:34 PM
>>> I have the cleaning and rejuvenating packet and see the instructions on each bottle.
From start to finish how long will this process take? So I understand the process better.
The Clean 5.5 hair on & woolskin cleaner I assume is for the wool and not the skin?
Also the dilute label stops at "before adding up". The other bottles say up to 1" from the top; would this be correct here as well?
Kevin Knox

Correction!
Recommended to start from the wool side.
When it is completely dry turn over to the suede side.
The wool side will dry faster than the suede side.
And the suede side can continue the next day.
All 250ml bottles is fill with distilled water up to 1” from top.
In practice a little water is first added to the concentrate for a thorough swirls mix prior to adding more water for a perfect mix especially for Fatliquor-5.0.
A perfect mix turns the Fatliquor-5.0 just like fresh milk.
Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant

>>> Should I turn the shearling coat inside out to start the process of treating the fleece so I hit the sleeves?

Here are some pics. I had it professionally cleaned
So I can clean, rinse, hydrate, and fatliquor one right after another in one day and do the hair next day?

Leather Doctor® Kit-Ss4, suede shearling care kit is an innovative leather-safe (pH 3 - 5) system designed for keeping suede shearling outer garment at their highest level of appearance, enhancing their softness and strength and prevents premature ageing. Suede when dry of its fatliquor becomes more absorbent and easily creases and wrinkles. Softening it begins with Hydrator-3.3 to relax the creases and wrinkles prior to fat and oil replenishing with Fatliquor-5.0. The fat plumps the suede with fullness and the oil lubricates the fibers for smoothness during compressing, stretching and flexing thus reduces creases and wrinkles. Unlike conditioning oils that darkens suede, fatliquor seasons the suede to a richer tone that helps reduce the ingress of liquid stains and making soiling removal easier where the fibers is full of fat and oil. Maintenance cleaning before soiling build up on body contact areas is done with Clean-3.8 and Rinse-3.0 respectively. Protector-S+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant silky-feel that shields the effect of sticky soiling, keeping a high level of appearance for a longer period of time. The wool face is clean, sanitize with odor control and rinse with Clean-5.5 and Rinse-4.0 respectively using the same non-stick protector to enhance the wool with a silky feel. Moreover, it diffuses a classic leather scent that charms. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this leather-safe holistic care system for double face suede shearling.

Roger Koh
01-28-2015, 04:18 PM
>>> Should I turn the shearling coat inside out to start the process of treating the fleece so I hit the sleeves?

Tips:
It is practical to clean the fleece or wool sides first, so reverse entirely and lay on a table covered with towel and begin your cleaning.

Wool Dry Soil Removal:
1. A vacuum cleaning would be ideal to first remove any soiling hygienically.

Wool Wet Cleaning Process:
1. Clean-5.5 is spray and brush at an angle with suede Brush-3 and cotton terry towel extract until towel turn clean with each folding with picked-up soiling. This product cleans and sanitized the wool eliminating any pungent odors from the typical wool fleece or shearling.
2. Rinse-4.0 is spray and any soiling is further pick-up until towel shows clean with satisfaction.
3. The wool side is left for natural drying or fast dries it with hair dryer.
4. The wool side is groom while it is still damp until it dries with Suede Brush-3 or a slick comb for a bloom.
Protector-S+ is mist spray and gloom again for a bloom with help of hair dryer.

Suede Dry Soil Removal:
1. With the help of a hair dryer the wool side dries fast and convenience to continue with the suede side almost immediately.
2. Eraser-5 is used to exfoliate worn and deteriorated nap to reveal a fresh nap. Suede residue is removed with a vacuum cleaner.

Suede Wet Cleaning Process:
1. Clean-3.8 is spray to achieve an even appearance with the help of the suede Brush-3 or gently with Eraser-5.
2. The saturated surface is work with a cotton terry towel until towel shows clean.
3. Rinse-3.0 follows with gentle agitation and towel extract until towel shows clean.

Suede Rejuvenation:
1. In a continuous wet process, Hydrator-3.3 is spray to relax and correct any dimensional distortion to the suede structure. May take up to 72hrs or immediately until the leather is satisfactorily limp and fully relaxed.
2. When the moisture level of the hydrator dries to 25% or slightly damps Fatliquor-5.0 is replenished and evenly spread for an even appearance. Again the water content of the fatliquor will evaporates and up to about 25% the suede is again replenished. This process is repeated until up to 14% of fatliquor content is read when the suede is dry to the hand will impart suppleness with softness and strength to the suede.
3. When completely dry the nap is once again work with Eraser-5 for a finger writing effect.

Protection:
1. A non-stick rub-resistant with a silky-feel is accomplished with Protector-S+ with a classic leather scent or scentless with S.

You may show us pictures of your progress for reference if you are doing it correctly.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]

Questions!
02-02-2015, 12:22 PM
The processes have done great.
It will take till Sunday to completely dry I think.
The fatliqour process has made significant improvement and the Protector-S+ should finish the job.
I wasn't sure I needed all of the treatments but am glad I followed your instructions.
I'm very pleased with the results and now I understand what was needed.
Thank you for your help.