PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Wax Pull-up) - Restoration Hardware – the leather honey removes the shine!

Questions!
01-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Hello Roger,

Please see the attached photos.

I applied Leather honey conditioner to one of my couches and it was a big mistake

Please let me know what you suggest I purchase to make my 2 couches look the same again.
As I mentioned in our conversation.
The leather honey seems to remove the shine from my couch.

I have attached the Original look of my couch and a up close photo
I have attached a photo after I applied leather honey full view and up close (removed my top coat)
I have attached a upclose view of the cushions original look and after leather honey (removed my top Coat)
I also attached a photo of the inside of the cushion

Roger Koh
01-21-2015, 10:42 AM
>>> Please let me know what you suggest I purchase to make my 2 couches look the same again.

Leather Doctor Kit-Aw6.tc is recommended. And before rectifying the loss of the shine, this leather honey product residue if any is best removed from affecting the effort to restore back the shine. Procedure as follows:

1 – Degreaser-2.2 is shaken to gel and applied by horsehair Brush-1 and agitate to darken the leather evenly up to the edge of a panel and towel extract until towel shows clean.

2 – Acidifier-2.0 is spray, brush agitate and towel extracted until towel shows clean. Inspect the leather to restore back a squeaky feel. Otherwise Acidifier-2.0 may be left to dry by itself to pH balance the leather structure integrity.

3 – Restoring the shine thereafter is done with WaxEffect-8.6, spraying and agitating with Brush-1 for an even darkening appearance. Let it dry to allow wax crystal to form, heavier the better. The wax crystal is activate with a heat blower or hot hair dryer to transform into a natural shine.

4 – Additional shine is done with AnilineTop-21G application.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-aw6-tc-aniline-wax-pull-up-leather-topcoat-refinishing-kit/
Leather Doctorฎ Kit-Aw6.tc, aniline wax pull-up leather topcoat refinishing kit is designed for after degreasing in a holistic approach. Most penetrated stains from the head and hands that show a darkening effect have its topcoat probably deteriorated by the oil, grease and sweat. Deteriorated topcoat removed during the degreasing process is refinished with AnilineTop-21G after wax effect rejuvenated. Removing penetrated soiling contamination starts with Degreaser-2.2, a waterbased (pH 2.2) multifunctional degreaser that emulsifies the greasy contamination, controls dye bleeding and charging the protein fiber ionic positive for strengthening the attraction between the ionic negative tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. Deflocculated and suspended soiling is towel extracted, thereafter rinse and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 to prevent the leather from reverting to rawhide. When leather feels sticky or slimy it is a sign of leather denaturing, a squeaky feel when wet is a sign of healthy leather. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers and removes surface tension free from surface blotchiness prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fat and oil is replenished with Fatliquor-5.0 to rejuvenate the leather for the desired suppleness when dry. Wax Effect-8.6 rejuvenates the structural wax pull-up effect and coagulates a cloudy waxy coating on the surface to be heat activated into the characteristic glossy sheen. Protector-D+ enhances a non-stick draggy-feel to shield against sticky soiling, besides healing and concealing lightening scuff and abrasion marks. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe aniline wax pull-up leathers topcoat refinishing system.