PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Micro or Semi-Aniline) - Milk stain on aniline ottoman

chet
05-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Roger, we have a semi aniline ottoman with a milk stain on it. Please let me know what I should use and how to clean it?

Close up of stain

Roger Koh
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Recommended system:

Leather Doctor Kit P3.ps – Pigmented Leather Protein Remover Kit

Leather DoctorŽ Kit P3.ps, pigmented leather protein stain removal kit is specially developed to remove protein based stains that tends to coagulated. d’Protein-10 is essentially design to deflocculates coagulating protein stains such as blood, body-discharge, milk, cream, ice cream, egg, meat juices, vomit, perspiration, urine and other protein based stains. Moreover, any staining that comes from a living animal or person will probably need this product in the removing process. Acidifier-2.0 is a match product to rinse and neutralize the leather to its desired pH neutral of 3 - 5 and ensures that the leather retain its healthy squeaky feel with finger testing. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leather and reduces surface tension for an even appearance prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 is applied and let soaked into the leather structure for softness and suppleness when dry. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick buttery-feel to shield against sticky soiling. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing protein based stains from auto-perforated leathers.

chet
05-05-2014, 11:12 AM
I applied d'Protein10, agitated with aniline eraser, extracted with towels, covered with plastic to allow Protein to dwell for several hours. Reapplied, D'protein, agitated and extracted. then applied Acidifier several times and extracted with towels to neutralize. Looks like stains are still apparent, what should I do next?

Roger Koh
05-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Please show detail pictures, is the stain penetrated?

chet
05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Have to wait till tomorrow, I covered with poultice and I want to wait til dry.

chet
05-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Roger, Stain is 95 % removed. I re-applied dprotein, agitated with aninline eraser, extracted with towel, repeated and covered with plastic for several hours. I will rinse with acidifier and cover with poultice ( I have been using blotter powder when working on horizontal surfaces and it seems to extract any wicking residue). I will post pictures if 100% successful. I think more dwell time with dprotein initially would have solved the problem.

Roger Koh
05-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks!

Like to see how the Eraser-4 has an effect on the finish besides removing the stain during the wet stage.

Eraser-4 would do well to remove the powder poultice very effectively in the dry stage - like to see some pictures as well.

Acidifier-2.0 is used for pH balancing the high pH of d'Protein-10 with double the dwell time.

Wet out the leather structure with Hydrator-3.3 then cover with poultice will make the wicking process more effective - let us know your findings.