PDA

View Full Version : Lexus GS 2014 – flax color leather seats – black leather purse stain from water spills – how to get the stain out?

Questions!
03-21-2014, 10:51 AM
I am interested in buying your leather doctor kit but don't know which kit to purchase.
I have a 2014 Lexus GS with flax color leather seats (orange beige interior) and my wife's sister spilled drinking water in her black purse and the dye from the purse stained the leather black/dark color. Can you please tell me which kit I need to buy to try and get the stain out?
Here is the purse.
It happened on Saturday late morning and right after it happened l, I went to car wash and they tried to scrub just a little bit but it didn't work very well so they stopped.
I'm super sad and mad right now about the situation but I have to do everything to get it out!
Do you honestly think your product will help get the stain out?
Below is the picture that you requested... I’ll send a second email with the evil purse.
The purse is a Cole Haan purse..

Questions!
03-21-2014, 10:57 AM

Roger Koh
03-21-2014, 11:20 AM
>>> I am interested in buying your leather doctor kit but don't know which kit to purchase.

Recommended this Kit Ap7.di from: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/the-445/Leather-Doctor-Kit-Ap7.di/Detail

Leather Doctor Kit Ap7.di – Auto Pigmented (perforated) Leather Dye / Ink Stain Removal Kit
Leather Doctorฎ Kit Ap7.di, auto pigmented (perforated) leathers dye and ink remover kit is an innovative concept of removing blue jeans dye and ink stains featuring a “reverse transfer” technique utilizing a paper towel over the dwelling Prep-7.7. Prep-7.7. It works by penetrating, lubricating and suspending the stains on dwell time and the paper towel reverse absorb the stain instantaneously from the leather. Prior failed attempt with set-in stains may require the help of Bleach-9.9 as booster to the Prep-7.7 to remove the residual stains. Sticky residue is clean with Cleaner-3.8, rinsed with Rinse-3.0 and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 when Bleach-9.9 is cooperated. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 rejuvenates the leather structure with softness and suppleness when dry. MicroTop-54D is an option for renewing the topcoat from friction wear. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery feel that shield against sticky soiling and reduce friction noises. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe dye and ink stain removal system.

Roger Koh
03-21-2014, 04:33 PM

Test Out Instruction:
1 From picture above “red” mark out area – cut a strip of paper towel from the kit.
2 Either applies Prep-7.7 onto it saturating over a glass tabletop or plastic sheet with the horsehair Brush-1 and applied onto the red mark out area and leave it for the next 24 hours for inspection.
3 Or lay the cut out paper onto the “red” mark out area saturating with Prep-7.7 using the horsehair Brush-1 (this option allows more precise application directly onto the stain) and leaving it for the next 24 hours for inspection.

Tips:
1 For either of the above application avoid pushing the Prep-7.7 into the perforated holes.
2 Would like to see if the application is done properly – that is not to leave any air bubbles in between and the paper is stretch out.
3 When 24 hours is up, check if the color does transfer to the paper, peel back and inspect (show us some pictures) whether to proceed with the next 24 hours or is completely satisfactory. This process can continue up to 72 hours, however there is no need to over clean it, neither to under cleans it and the process is terminated accordingly.
4 When the dye stain is all out, the sticky residue is blot away with terry towel and the remainder is removed by Clean-3.8 with help of the horsehair Brush-1. Rinse-3.0 is applied and blots with a terry towel until the surface feels squeaky.
The above instruction ends the test out and will continue with further instruction after viewing some pictures.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

Questions!
03-25-2014, 09:28 AM
So here are some pictures of the car after 24 hours. I know you wanted me to start with the one small area, which I did and after I saw the small area 24 hours later, I did the big area also. It's definitely better than before! I cut out the piece of paper towel, put it over the stain and put the 7.7 on TOP of the paper towel. I tried using the horse hair brush but the gel would NOT spread out very well so I just used my fingers to spread out and saturate the paper towel.

My question is.... should I have used the brush to scrub in the gel instead of my finger? Does scrubbing in the gel with the brush help take out/absorb the stain onto the paper towel better? Or does that even matter?

Should I try it again for another 24 hours? I'm guessing yes?

Should/Can I try to put the gel directly on the stain first and then put the paper towel over the stain? Will that hard the leather?
Should/Can I use the horse hair brush directly on the leather with the gel?

Or should I just repeat what I did before and put the paper towel over the stain first and gel over the paper towel and spread with finger/ hairbrush?

Please let me know what you think i should do next.

Roger Koh
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
>>> My question is.... should I have used the brush to scrub in the gel instead of my finger? Does scrubbing in the gel with the brush help take out/absorb the stain onto the paper towel better? Or does that even matter?

It does not matter how you apply as long as you avoid getting the gel into the perforated holes and having the paper towel stretch out so that it will not wrinkle that loss the surface contact which is vital for “reverse transfer” otherwise it remains on the surface.

>>>Should I try it again for another 24 hours? I'm guessing yes?

If the paper is stained replace a new one and you can smile that it will eventually all be gone. This can be repeated until 72 hours safely. Any further attempt needs to be evaluated prior proceeding.

>>> Should/Can I try to put the gel directly on the stain first and then put the paper towel over the stain? Will that hard the leather? Should/Can I use the horsehair brush directly on the leather with the gel?

Answer as above, makes no difference, just do not push the Prep-7.7 into the perforated holes unnecessary, saves the cleanup.

>>> Or should I just repeat what I did before and put the paper towel over the stain first and gel over the paper towel and spread with finger/ hairbrush?
I think this is the safest not to get the Prep-7.7 into the perforated holes.

>>> Please let me know what you think I should do next.

Easier if you take pictures of what happens, how you applied it, the final application on the leather, any color shown through the paper and also peeling it to peek at the result of “reverse transfer” during each inspection.

So far it looks very good, you can now relax, smile and kiss your bag for me too!

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

Questions!
04-02-2014, 08:07 PM
It worked great!!!! You can kinda see the outline still but overall it's pretty much out.